Leverage industry specific analytical tools, SQL and Excel to perform portfolio, benchmark and market analysis. The individual will work closely with other groups and departments, including Portfolio and Risk Management, Information Technology, Investment Support and the Product Team. The successful candidate will bring a working knowledge of financial concepts as well as strong technical ability. Excel proficiency is a must and experience with coding languages is desired.
- Produce all standard and custom portfolio exposure reports for Western Asset Management’s global client base; ensure accuracy and timely delivery
- Support both internal and external clients by providing portfolio and benchmark analytics and market data for client specific requests, RFPs, presentations monthly commentaries and special projects
- Build and maintain custom Excel models to generate client portfolio and benchmark reporting
- Partner with IT on Client Service and Marketing technology projects and upgrades
- Coordinate across departments on client requests
- Keep current on investment strategies, market conditions and key occurrences in worldwide marketplace
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with VBA, SQL, Python, or other computer languages highly desired
- Experience with industry specific analytical tools (Bloomberg, FactSet and Yieldbook) and Tableau a plus
- Strong computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Familiarity with investments and accounting concepts
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Undergraduate degree (in Business, Business Administration preferred), with concentration in Accounting, Economics, or Finance. Investment management or financial services related internship or work experience desired.