Analyst, Infrastructure Investments
- 75k + Bonus
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Super Investment Management (US) Inc.
- 14 sept. 17
Super Investment Management (SIM) is the internal asset manager of the Retail Employees Superannuation Trust (REST), a $30 billion Australian pension fund. The New York office of SIM requires an analyst to support the Infrastructure Investment team in optimising the returns from the Infrastructure portfolio through the analysis, review and due diligence investigations relating to new infrastructure investment opportunities; ongoing review and management of existing fund infrastructure portfolio and reporting; and undertake industry & market research.
Super Investment Management (SIM) is the internal asset manager for the Retail Employees Superannuation Trust (REST); a $30 billion Australian superannuation fund (pension plan) with over 1.8 million members.
Further information about REST can be found on our website: www.rest.com.au/about-rest/about-us
Within SIM, the Infrastructure Investment team's mandate is to invest in traditional infrastructure assets; including toll roads, airports, ports, power generation and utilities, to construct a globally diversified infrastructure portfolio.
The Infrastructure team has recently established an office in New York, and is seeking an Analyst to assist in growing and managing US based infrastructure investments.
In the United States, the fund has invested in a portfolio of hydroelectric projects and bio-mass projects.
- Produce and analyse month end financial reports across multiple assets including variance analysis;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance reports for specific assets within the infrastructure portfolio
- Maintain and develop group reporting and analysis financial models;
- Ad hoc analysis, review and due diligence investigations relating to new infrastructure investment opportunities and existing infrastructure investments, including forecast allocations at a REST portfolio level;
- Assist with engagement of third party consultants with respect to valuations, discount rates and model audits;
- Performance monitoring and reporting on existing assets;
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis for existing assets and new opportunities;
- The construction, maintenance and review of detailed financial models in Excel that will be the primary tool to assess the feasibility of multiple projects and used by the team for bidding purposes;
- Assisting with deal structuring, financing, documentation review, approval papers and processing; and
- Conducting research and market analysis into target industry sectors and prospective investment opportunities.
- Support the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Investments on the commercial activities of the Infrastructure Investments Team;
- An appropriate tertiary/bachelor qualification (finance/business/engineering)
Required experience, understanding or credentials including:
- An understanding of the factors influencing infrastructure investments, which could have been gained from a background in infrastructure ownership / management / operating companies, project finance or corporate finance;
- An interest in developing business/investment cases for major complex infrastructure projects from a commercial and equity investment perspective that take into account inter-related revenue, cost, technical, and financial and management requirements;
- An understanding of the inherent risks of investing in long-term assets such as infrastructure projects and appetite for analysing the risks, identifying potential mitigating strategies;
- An understanding of the attitude to risk and investment requirements of an institutional investor such as REST (pension fund);
- Presentation skills including the ability to describe complex processes and concepts through to key stakeholders;
- Investment analysis capabilities, including preparation and review of detailed feasibility studies and business plans, particularly prior to investment in businesses;
- People and communication skills so as to provide for sound relationships between co-Investors, service providers and clients;
- High level numeracy and analysis skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the expertise to develop and present a range of documentation, charts, proposals and reports at a senior level;
- Combine sound commercial judgement and empathy with the risk profile of a major superannuation/pension fund.
- Commitment to enhancing the professional reputation of SIM and REST;