Valuation and Risk Controller, Global Markets Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The candidate's main function is the implementation and execution of independent price valuation control methodologies and risk control of the bank's capital Market position.
This position needs to supervise junior members in the team covering IRFX valuation review, tools and methodologies.
The position is within a small team and will require hands on operational production work as well as judgmental capacity
- Supervise and perform the checks of market data parameters under the team's coverage and responsibility. This includes the development, implementation and review on valuation control process, the tools, the methodologies, the market data checking and the workflow.
- Drive the evolution of market parameter verification processes, including identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyze and challenge the current processes/workflow and contribute to their improvement.
- Lead and assist junior team members in building up knowledge on IRFX market, 2nd level review on the valuation work performed by the team
- Actively involved in global IPV process/tools development and contribute to global projects, including automation and standardization of IPV tools and process
- Contribute to the overall visibility of the valuation and risk control function with our stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Indices contribution 2nd level control process. Involvement in development of control and tools for the control
- Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism
- Contribute to other initiatives within V&RC
- Participate in ad-hoc valuation related projects
- Perform cross-region supports within V&RC Asia
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Experience in related discipline in Market Risk / Valuation related position acquired from banking /finance environment. Fresh graduates with good academic background and strong excel skills may also be considered
- With supervisory experience of a team would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of control techniques and logic.
- Good understanding of Fixed Income products valuation (esp on interest rate, FX) and their associated risk sensitivities. The ability to discuss and resolve valuation issues with traders and market risk specialists is a plus.
- Good numerical / mathematical skills. The ability to understand and apply valuation methodologies, including curve construction and mode.
- Good PC skills with VBA & SQL programming is an advantage
- Positive attitude to comply with tight deadlines.
- People oriented and team player
- FRM / CFA qualification would be an advantage
- Bachelor / Master degree holder in Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics or related discipline.