Regional Cash Operations Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The position holder is responsible for managing and implementing process improvements, process re-design projects and various initiatives for APAC Cash Management Operations as well as for the overall monitoring and control of USD flows in APAC CB.
- Determine and drive process improvement initiatives to enhance STP, operational efficiencies & process controls. Lead projects / initiatives impacting APAC Cash operations.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders (e.g., IT, Business, Operations, etc.) at regional and country level, to ensure successful implementation of such projects and initiatives. Ensure efficient understanding and training within operations teams to ascertain that new changes/ procedures are adopted and followed properly.
- Manage and monitor the UATs of various projects to ensure functions developed are able to meet operational requirements, including resource, test cases, test results, operational readiness.
- Support SG Payments & Cash Mgt Operations / Level B1 day to day production when required, including active participation in BCP drills.
- Assist Regional Head of Operations on Transformation & Governance initiatives (e.g., Offshoring, SLA Reviews with Countries and Back Office, etc.)
- USD Control Responsibilities related to Cash Management Operations:
- Monitor the USD domestic clearing framework in APAC (USD domestic flow volumes, compliance escalations, D+1 monitoring controls, track and follow up the actions committed to the Special Case Review committee, etc)
- Review, analyze and report results of USD domestic flow re-filtering.
- Ensure the follow up of USD holdover operations with BNPP NY for APAC branches transactions
- Act as main point of contact for specific queries relayed by territories, operations, BNPP NY
- Understand and contribute to the control plan executed within our OPC framework
- Produce a periodic report to main stakeholders, and other adhoc reports as required
- Active participation on ad hoc tasks, projects as assigned by Management from time to time, including preparation of MIS/ KPI data and reports for management reporting
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Operations Knowledge (Cash Management and Correspondent Banking Operations), as well as familiarity with relevant bank systems
- Swift Knowledge
- Operational Risk & Control, Compliance & AML knowledge
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of Tableau, Montran is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (ie. excel, access, power point)
- Strong analytical and communication skills, to efficiently work with people at all levels
- Good written and oral (including presentations) communication skills in English
- Well organized in one's work, ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated, independent, willing to work under pressure
- Good team player
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to work with people of different levels
- At least 3-5 years relevant banking experience as above, preferably in Operations
- University Degree