Audit & Assurance, Banking & Capital Markets, Financial Instruments Advisory, Senior Manager
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 sept. 17
What impact will you make? The Opportunity The Financial Instruments Advisory Team (“FI Advisory”), part of the Deloitte Financial Services Audit Group, provides advice, remediation support and assurance to a range of wholesale and retail financial institutions in the management of risks across the trade lifecycle of trading & sales divisions. You will understand our clients' industry and the issues they face, and provide them with relevant advice. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
Exciting opportunities exist for Senior Managers to work in the FI Advisory Team. This team has been growing successfully for years and is experiencing ever-increasing demand on the back of recent financial crises and market disruptors. The team are hiring in order to develop the breadth and depth of their skillset and therefore increase the overall services they offer.
The team operates across a market lifecycle which includes three differing, but complimentary, areas of focus:
Regulatory scrutiny and enforcement as well as legal risks and disputes, drive a body of client needs that focus on contentious issues, including litigation and expert witness support, and investigatory analysis. We deploy specific analysis and a solid understanding of industry practices; utilising banking product and front to back process and control knowledge, in collaboration with forensic investigation experts and our clients.
In the area of personal accountability and reform in FICC Markets (e.g FX remediation, financial benchmark reform, regulatory consent orders), we work with clients in to improve processes and controls across the lines of defence, leveraging a thorough understanding of front to back systems, processes and controls, alongside a practical understanding of current and future markets regulation and best practices. In doing so, we develop a solid point of view based on experience on “what good looks like”, and identify proportionate and innovative ways to enhance risk management with specific focus on wholesale banking process and controls.
With the enhancement of control functions across the three lines of defence, increased regulation of business activities, and heightened internal and external stakeholder scrutiny, we work with clients in either the design and implementation of process and control frameworks to manage risks within the business, or in the independent third party assurance testing of the design and operational effectiveness of controls.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across industry specialisms – our clients are varied, and vary in location. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional clients. We specify full mobility for our audit roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
· Direct reporting to senior client stakeholders (Director, Managing Director) and Partners within the team
· Strategic delivery and management of a portfolio of projects across the lifecycle described above. This includes day-to-day interaction with delivery teams across project portfolios, taking responsibility for delivery of engagement objectives, ensuring quality standards are consistently met, and managing key client stakeholder interaction.
· Review and preparation of key deliverables including written reports, working papers, and summary analyses.
· Project Management - Billing and cash management, risk management, ensuring project archiving is completed appropriately.
· Taking the lead on the design and development of responses to client requests for proposals, including design of approach, team co-ordination, and costing.
· Working directly with Directors and Partners in building and maintaining strategic external networks, attendance and presentation at external events and conferences, and building new service offerings.
· Knowledge of FCA (or equivalent NCA) Markets regulation and regulatory initiatives (e.g FRTB, MiFIDII, EMIR, FICC Codes of Conduct, Market Abuse Regulation, EU Benchmark Regulation)
· Detailed knowledge and experience of the front to back product and control lifecycle across FICC and/or Commercial Markets
· Proficient understanding of current economic, regulatory and market trends
· Understanding of financial instruments including derivatives, loans, mortgages and similar debt types
· Highly proficient in written and oral communication, including experience in written deliverables to senior stakeholders.
· Impressive analytical capabilities (including proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Strong Project Management Skills (input to the design of approach, management of junior staff, client stakeholders, timely reporting to internal and client senior management)
· Proven track record or developing and maintaining strong client relationships
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team
· Highly motivated and committed
· Positive and ambitious attitude
Additional desirable experience includes:
· External/Internal Audit experience in wholesale markets
· Forensic investigatory or project experience
· Aptitude with Excel and Access
· Experience of auditing clients within the financial services sector
· Experience of forensic investigations or projects
· ACA qualification or (equivalent)
· Financial instrument valuations (including analytics and modelling of vanilla and complex financial instruments across asset classes)
· IFRS/Technical Accounting
· Product design and sales distribution processes
· Board and subcommittee Governance & effectiveness
· Trading risk identification and reporting
· Financial benchmark reform
· Electronic/Algorithmic trading control
· Risk management in commodities markets
You are here: Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will make a difference in working with teams to deliver a full range of high value services to support transformative Financial Services clients, by bringing real insights and experience and by building long term strategic relationships.
You will also be managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Your application – what to expect
To be considered for this role follow the link to complete our online application form. We will call you to find out more about you and then if we think we’re the right place for you, we’ll invite you in to meet us face to face - it’s a great chance for us to learn more about each other.
It’s your career. Where will it take you?
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 137506