SAP Controls Manager, Europe
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Canada Life Limited
- 12 sept. 17
The SAP Controls Manager, Europe supports SAP-related business, accounting and financial reporting processes within the European businesses (Ireland, UK, and Germany). This is a great experience for individuals seeking a challenge and to gain more knowledge of these businesses.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment to support accounting and SAP matters in support of business users and financial reporting. This support includes trouble-shooting of problems, as well as being the liaison with IS contacts. The candidate will also work closely with the corresponding team in Canada, supporting the overall GWL Lifeco operations.
Our team is a vital component in change projects, enhancing our use of SAP and integration of acquisitions with respect to SAP and external feeding systems. The team is also responsible for oversight of accounting policies and internal controls, as they are developed and delivered across GWL Lifeco as a whole. There is both an informal and formal training component where we help employees unlock their potential.
The role reports in to the Head of Group Reporting, CLG, currently based in Potters Bar.
- Support global accounting processes and the internal controls framework for the general ledger (GL), special ledgers, foreign currency revaluations, and inter-company postings.
- Support SAP Finance users by responding to queries and providing training for financial controls, GL posting, accounting interfaces, user security, standard reports and custom report building.
- Support quarter-end and year-end closing and consolidation of global financial statements and external regulatory filings.
- Support Master Data Governance for the chart of accounts including new companies, GL accounts, profit centres, and related hierarchies.
- Support Accounting interfaces including liaison with business system owners to monitor daily controls and collaboration with development teams to maintain or add source systems.
- Maintain financial reports.
- Participate in data conversion and integration projects for acquisitions and new IFRS requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Extensive knowledge of SAP GL as a sophisticated business user and/or configuration analyst.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to investigate and identify business process failures and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities and adapt to fluctuating work volumes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including telephone & e-mail contact