- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 19 août 17
Senior Manager, Market Risk, Europe
Senior Manager, Market Risk, EuropeJob no: 988028
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Institutional Banking, Risk Management & Compliance
Senior Market Risk Manager
At the Commonwealth Bank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people's financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Portfolio and Market Risk Management (PMRM) is part of the Group Centre Risk Management team and as such provides Group-wide risk management services.
PMRM covers the development and validation of methodologies and production/reporting of risk measurement information covering: Credit Risk IRB Models, Economic Capital, Regulatory Capital and Funds Transfer Pricing. Market Risk Management covers policy development, independent oversight, reporting, model development and capital calculation for both Traded and Non Traded Market Risk originated within IB&M.
The Traded Market Risk team provide Line 2 Oversight of Trading Book, Residual Value and Equity Investments, and support the collection of market data and positions for the measurement of credit and market risk exposures that feed regulatory and economic capital. Our customers include Global Markets (Commodities, FX, Fixed Income and Rates), Institutional Equities, Structured Asset Finance and Advisory & Equity Solutions teams within Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M).
The primary purpose of this role:
Reporting to the Head of Market Risk, Europe & Americas you will be responsible for the independent market risk management & oversight of the trading and banking book activities primarily in Europe. This includes London based desks covering Commodities, FX Forwards, FX Spot, Treasury, as well as coverage of Global trading activities with a presence in the region.
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Provide independent risk management services to the Global Markets business (covering Rates, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX and XVA) and Group Treasury;
- Ensuring risk transparency through the identification, capture, understanding, measurement and monitoring of all market risk within the Global Markets & Treasury books with appropriate escalation as required;
- Exhibit commercial acumen (risk/return optimization not only risk mitigation) when making decisions in relation to transactions and new product approval;
- Ensure that market risk management regulatory requirements are met;
- Explain daily P&L movements in reference to market movements to potentially identify unusual P&L activity;
- Advise Line 1 on impacts of risk taking on economic and regulatory capital usage and seek opportunities for improving the accuracy of capital measures as it relates to market risk;
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business on regulatory change, portfolio insights and competitor activity;
Your skills & experience:
You will have a keen interest in financial markets and will have proven experience in management/oversight of market risk (either Line 1 or 2) preferably with a detailed technical understanding of FX and Commodities. You will have an awareness of industry conditions and the competitive and regulatory landscape impacting capital markets businesses; demonstrate capability to make risk decisions; have well developed stakeholder and customer management skills and you are comfortable working with data.
At the Commonwealth Bank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At the Commonwealth Bank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
Advertised: 05 Jul 2017 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Aug 2017 GMT Daylight Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.