The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people. Pictet Asset Management (Europe) S.A
., set up in Luxembourg in 2005, manages the assets of some of the world's largest institutions, financial intermediaries and their clients. Our culture welcomes independent thinkers and centres around investment excellence, a long-term perspective and a dedication to client service. Pictet Alternative Advisors
is a leading alternative investment specialist with expertise in hedge funds, private equity and global real estate. The teams construct, manage and advise on portfolios of alternative investment solutions for institutional and private clients.
You will be part of an exciting project for the Alternative Investments arm of Pictet, joining the management company, Pictet Asset Management (Europe) SA. You will primarily focus on direct real estate funds, together with other Pictet Alternative Advisors teams based around Europe.
To ensure that we can keep pace with substantial growth, we are seeking to hire a Fund Controller specialising in Direct Real Estate to work, and reporting to our Head of Fund Controlling. Operated as a flat structure there is plenty of room to develop new skills and achieve an exciting career growth. Your role
Together with the Fund Controlling and Finance team, you will be :
- Reviewing and analysing periodic reporting packs, consolidated fund reporting and performance data prepared by externals accountants ensuring reporting received is timely, accurate and in an acceptable format;
- Querying analytical review findings with accountants and property managers to better understand the performance of investments;
- Building a strong relationship with the investment/transaction team and providing operational support by implementing the tax structure, setting-up of the SPVs, opening the bank accounts, reviewing the sources and uses, preparing the fund flows and co-ordinating the preparation of legal documentation with legal advisor;
- Being key contact/coordinator between investment/transaction team/property managers and administrators/accountants/auditors;
- Managing the loan administration including credit facilities, external loans, intercompany financing and preparing compliance certificates;
- Reviewing and approving the quarterly IFRS NAV calculation and Capital Account Statements deliverable to investors;
- Reviewing and approving capital calls, distributions, equalization, overseeing authorisation of invoices, payment processing and cash management;
- Overseeing and managing the preparation of semi-annual and annual financial statements for investment vehicles as well as liaising with external auditors to cover the annual audits;
- Ensuring that the funds and fund entities fulfil all their tax obligations with effective oversight of external tax compliance teams
- Designing and implementing the oversight framework for delegated functions such as due diligence, agreement reviews, operating memorandum preparation, defining of KPIs and organising service-level review meetings;
- Preparing and updating operations and procedures manuals, which will be used both internally and by third-party service providers;
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accountancy and/or an equivalent professional accounting qualification;
- At least seven years' work experience gained in direct real estate investment management companies, a service provider or an audit firm,
- Previous exposure to service providers management for direct real estate;
- Proven experience dealing with accounting, tax and regulatory reporting and practical knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP;
- Sufficient proficiency in both English and French to be comfortable discussing complex matters with both internal and external parties.
- Inquiring and analytical mind, enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
- Organised, goal- and solution-oriented, with a keen sense of attention to detail in a pressured environment is critical.
As the right candidate you will be self-motivated and pro-active with the ability to work independently to tight deadlines and complete set tasks whilst managing multiple priorities. You will show flexibility and adaptability, enabling you to respond to unforeseen changes/events, and demonstrate clear and confident communication skills, both written and oral, in particular in English. Last but not least, you will have the credibility and necessary maturity to interact at senior levels both internal and external to the Company. Note
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description. Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.