Hi All, One of my client, a private equity house, is looking for a LEGAL AND CORPORATE ASSOCIATE to join his team.
LEGAL AND CORPORATE ASSOCIATE PRIVATE EQUITY (M/F)
Working as part of Private Equity team, the individual will provide legal and board level support to a number of holding companies that the company have invested in. The focus of the role is on protecting the company's interests by taking ownership of the compliance requirements of certain Luxembourg holding companies, with particular attention to the corporate and tax structures set up, as well as local legal and regulatory reporting requirements. This will be a great opportunity to work with and learn from senior professionals in the Luxembourg office and leading finance, tax and legal advisors in the industry. The role will suit an ambitious person willing to learn on the job the nuances of the Luxembourg rules and regulations, and how they impact the overall tax situation for the
Funds and investors. The role will also interact with the London and Boston legal and finance teams and other shared resources and investment team members.
The main responsibilities will be:
- At a high level, protect the company's interests by taking ownership of the compliance and tax aspects of Luxembourg holding companies allocated. This includes:
- Being attuned to the changing regulatory, legal and tax landscape in Europe and in Luxembourg
- Understanding the requirements for maintaining their various tax structures and ensuring such requirements are met, including making sure regular board meetings and shareholder meetings are organized and held in Luxembourg, making sure detailed minutes are drafted and filed in the registered offices in Luxembourg and all documentary approval requirements complied with (including notices, agendas, papers, minutes, proxies and signatures)
- Ensuring compliance with the Operational Procedures, as amended from time to time, and generally ensuring the Luxembourg holding companies comply with applicable "substance" requirements
- Coordinate deals execution with finance directors, finance managers, London and Boston teams
- Build excellent working relationships with legal and finance departments at our portfolio companies
- Understand fund flow deal documents, Luxembourg financing instruments used in all the structures.
- Assist in the preparation of companies board meetings and shareholders meetings
- Coordinate delivery of annual accounts, interim accounts and regulatory reporting prepared by the Luxembourg finance team
- Making sure files are up to date in terms of documentation , RCS, RBE and various registers (including preparation and update of registers and cap tables)
- Provide a "best practice" corporate governance service to shareholders, directors (board and committees) and other stakeholders, which includes, but is not limited to co-ordinating the documentation for the following:
- dividend declarations
- share issues and transfers
- change of directors
- incorporation or dissolution of companies
- PEC and/or CPEC issues or redemptions
- Participate to internal projects
- Carry out other tasks that may be reasonably required from time to time.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Previous holding company experience in a corporate services provider company, law firm or another private equity house.
- Good command of paralegal and legal related matters.
- Good command of accounting, tax with BOB50 and Excel skills will be a plus
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory framework in Luxembourg
- Experience in the private equity industry will be a plus.
- Excellent command of and fluency in the English language / German, Luxembourgish, French being an advantage
- Ability to deal with complexity and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with a focus on high quality output
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player; eager to learn and work with others in a dynamic environment.
Our client is a private equity house
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.