Independent and possessing more than fifteen years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2200 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer oriented mindset
For our office in Luxembourg we are currently looking for an INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
The selected candidate is expected to be an appropriately skilled internal audit professional. As an Internal Audit Officer you will report directly to the Group Internal Audit Senior Manager located in Luxembourg and you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist Internal Audit in implementing the internal audit plan;
- Prepare a thorough risk assessment to identify and evaluate the risks of the area under review;
- Using a risk-based approach, prepare working papers and the audit program for each engagement;
- Perform interviews, tests, research and analysis to carry out the audit program;
- Gather sufficient, reliable, relevant and useful audit evidence to support your findings and ensure the coverage of risks;
- Ensure that you fairly report on the improvements and deficiencies of the area under audit using a collaborative approach with the audit client;
- Work with the audit client and others to recommend an appropriate mitigation of the highlighted risks;
- Help prepare audit reports and regulatory and group reporting on key risks, findings, business insight, recommendations and the follow-up of outstanding issues;
- Perform and help set up continuous monitoring of key risks in the organisation;
- Apply innovative approaches to continuously improve the business and shareholder value.
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, economics or other relevant degree depending on professional experience and qualifications;
- 1 to 3 years of experience within the financial sector is required. Experience in internal or external audit is considered as a strong advantage;
- Good knowledge of the financial industry and regulatory framework;
- You are willing to travel for business reasons to locations in Europe;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills are required;
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- You are fluent in English (knowledge of French will be considered an asset).