We are looking for a candidate to join the firm's middle-office development team. The successful candidate will work with Imagine, a third-party application, and the in-house processes that have been built around it. Responsibilities will include building and expanding data access to and from Imagine, develop tools to automate workflows and extend functionality of existing applications. Additional responsibilities will include Imagine release management, configuration, testing and production troubleshooting. Responsibilities
- Participate in designing, building and refactoring REST based service layer for the equities transactional system
- Migrate existing processes that allow direct database access to access via RESTful API
- Automation of system maintenance tasks, end-of-day processing jobs, data integrity checks and bulk data loads/extracts
- Extend Imagine functionality to support middle and back office processes
- Participate in capacity planning and performance/throughput analysis
- Design and development of applications following Agile and continuous delivery practices
- Provide level three support for Imagine and processes developed by the group
- Publish/subscribe to Kafka
- Strong understanding of and experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architectures), RESTful APIs, micro services
- Ability to write supportable, readable Python
- Background in another OO language such as Java/C++/C#
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- 5+ years' experience with writing and tuning SQL queries. Candidate should possess a strong fundamental understanding of relational databases
- Experience in finance - knowledge of common financial asset classes. Some knowledge of basic risk measurements, corporate action processing and/or P&L helpful.
- Understanding of modern SDLC practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. A desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Delivery oriented - understand the important of delivering enhancements to users in an agile way.
- Detail oriented. Demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Hands-on experience with a vendor front office / risk / trading applications - Imagine, Murex, Calypso, Front Arena, Summit, Advent Geneva, Charles River, Sophis, etc.
- Experience or working knowledge of Agile Practice and TDD (test driven development)
- Experience with GIT and JIRA, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy
- Java, Kafka
- Cloud technology knowledge