Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Bank Loan Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 sept. 17
The Bank Loan Specialist is responsible for handling servicing of bank loans. This position will work closely with the Bank Loan Supervisor and will liaise with other key groups within the firm, including the Trade Room, Settlements, Risk Management, and Portfolio Reconciliation
- Monitor bank loan notices and payment reports; validate position and payment calculations, update system schedules, instruct banks/custodians, and resolve payment exceptions; handle complex transactions involving PIK and revolvers.
- Calculate complicated cash flows, payments, and fees (e.g. skim interest, line of credit fees, unused fees, incremental interest, etc.)
- Prepare administrative details and provide to the agents at the time of funding.
- Provide instruction (including key terms) to the custodian for new deals and assignments.
- Manage closing document process on Markit ClearPar for syndicated loans.
- Reconcile positions and accruals with the custodian for each month end period. Work with the custodian to correct their interest calculations or make updates to the register as needed.
- Perform follow-up to confirm timely receipt and distribution of derivative payments at the custodian banks; handle claims for delinquent payments.
- Understand and support the counterparty relationships and custodian segregation effectively.
- Interacts with the custodian, administrative agent, and investment team on trades, payments, and other issues.
- Cultivate positive relationships with custodian and administrative agent contacts and work proactively to correct data inaccuracies with the custodian.
- Internally communicate with other members of the Reconciliation, Settlements, & Bank Loan Support groups to ensure that trades and cash flows are being accurately recorded in the proprietary portfolio management system.
- Support projects and research for senior managers, partners and portfolio managers.
- Special projects and research for systems enhancements.
- Respond to complex ad-hoc research requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or similar field.
- At least 1 year experience with fixed income investments, including derivatives or bank loans, preferably at a “buy side” company.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail, extreme accuracy with numerical calculations.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; ability to multi-task; team player.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Loan/SERV, or WSO a plus