Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Data Management Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 05 janv. 18
The Data Management Analyst performs support for the day-to-day operations in setting up accurate and timely security master reference data for all investment products. This position will require a broad functional understanding of domestic and global securities including complex structured fixed income products and OTC Derivatives. The Analyst should be familiar with system architecture, data flow, and workflow to support the Security Master. This position will work closely with the Investment Management Team, and will liaise with other key groups within the firm, including Risk Management, Investment Control, Settlements, Derivative Operations, IT and Portfolio Reconciliation.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, peers and management.
- Maintain a positive high energy attitude with a willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job completed.
- Ability to prioritize and complete all Tasks assigned.
- Responsible for the set-up of all securities purchased by the investment teams. Securities including but not limited to ABS, MBS, bank loans, exchange-traded derivatives, OTC derivatives and Emerging Markets timely.
- Analysis will include cleansing, transforming, validating or modeling data for improving data quality, design and presenting. Knowledge and experience in project life cycle and the testing process are required.
- Monitor CRD and SMS Proprietary system for data quality.
- Flexibility to work extended hours to fulfill the Business needs.
- Support the security maintenance on all Securities held in SMS Proprietary System and CRD is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Support the real time quality assurance (QA) review for new CUSIP set-up and maintenance to existing CUSIPs, utilizing a rule based process.
- Support the processing and research for Factor and Coupon Mass Corrections.
- Responsible for supporting the daily identification and processing the Liquidity Alerts.
- Track securities that require manual updates; develop data sources and perform timely maintenance to enable accurate data output for Reconciliation, Trading, and Settlements.
- Work closely with Trade Room, Compliance, Client Service and Portfolio Reconciliation to assist in proper securities classification administration and monitoring.
- Assist and complete CUSIP set-up (or CUSIP audit) for new account in-kind funding and corporate actions (exchanges).
- Gather pricing information from various sources for in-kind funding for new accounts and additions to existing accounts.
- Serve as company-wide resource for data inquiries; research asset discrepancies and defaulted securities by using Bloomberg, contacting trustees, and communicating with brokers and vendors.
- Interface with Bloomberg and Data License/Bloomberg on data issues.
- Participate in special projects and research for systems enhancement, automation, and efficiencies as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or a similar field
- 4-6 years of experience performing similar duties in managing financials for the securities master and related data, preferably at a buy-side firm
- Asset management industry experience with broad understanding of trading processes and associated data management needs
- Experience in maintaining data, defining operational processes, and partnering across departments
- Solid working knowledge of equity and fixed income securities - domestic and global securities, ABS, MBS, Bank Loans, Swaps, Futures, and Options
- Rigorous attention to detail; extreme accuracy with numerical calculations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Word, Power POINT, VISIO and Bloomberg/Bloomberg API
- Excellent research skills, resourcefulness and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Responsive, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting information to investors and others
- Familiarity with, Markit WSO, CRD, Cognos or other Business Intelligence software (Hyperion, Brio, Business Objects)
- Knowledge of MarkitSERV (MarkitWire & Deriv/SERV) and Markit Counterparty Manager (formerly Markit Document Exchange) a plus, and VARDEN Matrix
- Flexible in working any schedule requested to meet the needs of the department