Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Derivatives Settlements Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 08 juin 18
The Settlements Specialist will support responsibilities assigned to Global and Derivatives Settlements and assist the Manager to provide over sight for day to day tasks assigned to the Settlement Team. This position will be responsible for the smooth operation for securities trade settlement with dedicated focus on Emerging Market Trades by confirming and finalizing transactions, communicating with brokers and custodian banks and resolving trade discrepancies. The Sr. Settlements Specialist will also have responsibilities for the follow-up and resolution of trade fails and for handling the settlement of FX, Futures and Options transactions.
This position has the opportunity to learn and understand the settlement of other products; including global Equity, Fixed Income and Swaps.
- Confirm all Emerging Market trades daily on the day of trade execution. Obtain trade tickets from Portfolio Managers via Trade Blotter; confirm all aspects of trades via telephone
- Execute documents and settle Emerging Market trades for all related markets efficiently and timely for T+2 settlements, T+1 settlements, and other.
- Understand the unique requirements for confirming and settling trades in the Emerging Markets.
- Knowledge of SWIFT trade communication and for instructing and settling Emerging Market trades via Euroclear and in the local markets
- Provide trade instructions to banks via letters, fax, autofax, and electronic messaging.
- Monitor trade settlement status and follow through on pending transactions for timely settlements.
- Maintain updated broker settlement instructions for cash and securities for all markets
- Assist the Supervisor to resolve daily settlement issues - failed settlements, FX instructions, claims, and overdrafts, involving research, communication, and problem solving.
- Review end-of-day reports to ensure daily Emerging Market trades are reflected accurately; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Gather delivery instructions from Custodian Banks and set-up on ALERT for all Emerging Markets
- Conduct special projects, as requested, by Settlements Manager or Senior Management.
- Support SAS 70 requirements for the Operations Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or similar field.
- Three plus (3+) years of experience performing similar duties with a buy-side fixed income asset manager, or equivalent sell side experience preferred.
- At least two years of experience confirming and settling Emerging Market trades.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (must establish good rapport with internal and external business partners, including broker/dealers and custodians).
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to provide directions to the team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of MS software, Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with, Bloomberg, Trade Web, and OMGEO ALERT, FailStation is desired.
- Knowledge of derivatives and currency is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Financial Services industry including global securities and foreign currency transactions
- Knowledge of trade communication via BBH Infomediary is a plus
- Knowledge of Global Equity and/or Fixed Income is a plus