Financial Analyst - Asset Management
- Los Angeles, CA, États-Unis Los Angeles CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 21 mars 18 2018-03-21
Financial Analyst - Asset Management
Reporting to a Managing Director, the Financial Analyst will support the Asset Management, Project Management, and Investor Reporting departments. The primary function of this position will be to 1) evaluate project draw requests and release of funds when established benchmarks are achieved, recommend, and obtain approval from Senior Management, and maintain draw documentation and other information in Hunt's database systems, 2) prepare equity releases, ensure due diligence is stored by Project Manager correctly, and facilitate in the documentation distribution of the equity release; 3) analyze the financial statements and occupancy reported by the General Partners to monitor property performance, and 4) assist with the preparation of investor reports. The position will be based in Encino, CA.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Portfolio Manager and Project Manager in releasing equity installments and loans to the lower-tier partnerships.
- Prepare project sources and uses budgets and establish project milestones in database, including "Tickler System" and following up as required with Project Managers regarding post-closing requirements or exception items prior to disbursement of funds.
- Review and monitor compliance of partnership agreement and loan documents. Conduct detailed analysis of sources and uses, interest reserves, development deficits, timing of subsidy funding, documentation deficiencies, and budget adequacy. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Review lien releases, title updates, inspection reports, proof of builder's risk insurance and other required insurance renewals, soft cost invoice verification, and other required documentation;
- Monitor construction draws to ensure that the Development Budget sources (equity and loans) are going to approved costs;
- Monitor Development Budget and identify budget variances and provide notice of change orders or any potential cost exposures to Project Managers and Asset Management team;
- Provide ongoing guidance to our developer partners to ensure continued compliance with established guidelines and protocols and to ensure conformity with timeline assigned to construction phase through lease-up.
- Collect and validate property financial data and Partnership Agreement terms with internal database system.
- Assist in coordinating with internal and external parties on collection of initial leasing reports, property insurance, and various required project documentation and information during the first 90 days of operations including, Qualified Occupancy Summaries, Rent Rolls, and Monthly Operating Statements.
- Work with Project Managers in establishing guidelines and compliance protocols to support transition efforts from construction phase to operational phase of the project.
- Assist in system implementations, which include testing systems for reliability and accuracy and developing reports.
- Create/Run reports to monitor the progress of properties compared to underwriting.
- Conduct internal audits of General Partner and/or Property Management Agents which address identified operating risks.
- Assist with the successful completion and delivery of quarterly Investor Reporting packages, which includes the quarterly review of lower-tier operations and other summary schedules needed for quarterly reporting.
- Conduct review of Annual Property Financial Statement Audits
- Ensure compliance with Partnership Agreements,
- Identify positive cash flow for distribution, and
- Validate the reliability of the interim financial statements.
- Review financials of the property entities to ensure they are properly mapped and reflecting an accurate depiction of the properties operations.
- Data administration in Investor Central.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with an interest in Real Estate is preferred. Other Educational Studies in other studies with relevant work experience will be considered.
Experience and Qualifications
- Familiarity with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program preferred.
- Ability to manage and organize large volumes of data through database systems and queries.
- Key skills and traits that include property and partnership accounting principles, real estate concepts are preferred.
- High attention to detail, self-starter, efficient time management, critical thinker, inquisitive, flexible, and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel, MS-Word, and other MS-Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Limited travel as needed.
Requires a detail orientated individual who can be a part of a team and demonstrates strong organizational skills and follow through skills. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.