PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Credit Research Analyst to cover Leveraged Loans and High Yield Bonds to work in our Newport Beach, CA office. The Credit Research Analysts analyze various industries and the companies within them and make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm's portfolio managers by highlighting risks and making investment recommendations on specific companies. Major Responsibilities
- Provide fundamental and relative value research on existing holdings and generate credit driven investment ideas specific to the sector.
- Proactively communicate investment ideas by initiating discussions with portfolio managers and participating in group meetings.
- Produce written reports such as company evaluations and quarterly updates, relative value analyses, and industry reviews.
- Respond to portfolio manager inquiries regarding credit concerns, market overviews, and sector changes
- Interaction with clients or client service professionals.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years work experience in the area of credit/loan research, either on the buy or sell side. Sector agnostic.
- Prior experience with distressed workout situations, deep fundamental high yield experience preferred
- Completed MBA degree or CFA and relevant investment experience
- Strong financial modeling experience REQUIRED
- Prior experience in either leveraged loans or high yield
- Ability to contribute to first-hand corporate analysis, including on-site visits, financial modeling, and relative value analysis. Demonstrated ability to make judgements regarding credit, risk, and valuation.
- Ability to cover industries with minimal direction and to make preliminary decisions in a short time frame with incomplete information.
- Proactive in generating successful investment ideas. Ability to take the lead in advocating investment ideas to portfolio managers rather than relying on external direction.
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Need to be persuasive and credible.
- Values seeing one's investment ideas added to investment portfolios and enjoys credit analysis as a long-term career.
- Strong academic credentials and achievement; deep sense of curiosity.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others on the sector coverage team.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 221,500.00 - $ 235,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.