Lead Java Developer
- Newport Beach, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- NJF Search
- 17 oct. 17 2017-10-17
Our client is a global investment firm headquartered in southern California are currently looking for a Lead Java (FIX) Developer with experience in the financial industry. Their singular focus is to preserve and enhance investors' assets, which is achieved by employing sophisticated and cutting edge technology tools to support their core investment management strategy.
- The successful candidate will be a key member of the team with the primary responsibility of developing trade execution software across a variety of fixed income strategies.
- Candidate would be actively engaged in architecture, design, development, unit testing, and stress testing of a high-end Java based Electronic Trading application, and is a key participant in a small, focused and highly talented delivery team for front office trading development.
- A successful candidate will have excellent programming skills (this is a hands-on-keyboard job), superb analytical skills, a solid understanding of fixed income securities and markets, and have the ability to work in an organized and efficient manner.
- He or she must be able to balance and prioritize various trading needs in a fast paced work environment.
- Must have FIX messaging experience at both protocol and format (QuickFixJ knowledge is a plus)
- 7+ years’ Java Programming
- High performance programming techniques in Java; ability to evaluate new technologies; ability to conduct enterprise wide research
- Experience with Spring, Maven and Agile development
- Advanced knowledge of fixed income securities and markets
- Straight through processing (STP) exposure within the financial environment
- Strong working knowledge of Bloomberg, various electronic trading platforms and experience using order management systems a plus
- Knowledge of SQL (Oracle, Microsoft), XML and JSON
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven analytical / problem-solving skills, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills able to present designs, and facilitate design discussions
- Ability to work as part of a team with flexible attitude