Marketing Platform Manager
- Newport Beach, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Marketing Platform Manager
We Are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
This senior marketing platform manager will focus on software and engineering solutions in the Sales & Marketing Technology Organization. This person will be creating and supporting innovative solutions in direct partnership with the Sr. members of the marketing team by leading the development and implementation of technology products and applications for PIMCO. As a Senior Manager, this role will liaise with the marketing team and be responsible for driving the estimates, planning and leading development and support activities that are executed by both internal and vendor resources. This person will become an expert in any custom developed applications within the environment and projects, understanding the overall product roadmap, technology stack, application suite, business processes and any downstream system and business impacts. The Senior Manager role will be expected to lead the development and support organization, interface with peers, executives and line of business stakeholders to ensure collaboration at all levels. The role will partner closely with the marketing, web and data architecture team to ensure optimal technical solutions, technical product strategy and the deliverables are providing direction for the developers, support teams working on assigned projects.
The ideal candidate will be a "hands on" top level Manager who will provide senior level technical and management direction on enterprise level applications and projects across the teams. Exemplary leadership and communication abilities (both verbal and written) are a must; this role will partner closely with the marketing and technology leadership in delivering systems, which meet and exceed business objectives. Passion for the advancing the business on a technical basis and delivering measurably improved technical outcomes is critical.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must with a demonstrated ability to work well with both technology and business colleagues; including the ability to thoughtfully present to senior executives. Required: Experience owning and resolving issues that impact operations, systems design, product success, or address future concepts, products, or technologies; Disciplined approach to maintaining and application engineering best practices; Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements providing buy versus build decision making; Consistent, compassionate and inspiring manager to the team; Positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units; Must be detail orientated, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity.
- In close coordination with the marketing team ensure ongoing projects and team objectives are resourced effectively to accomplish goals; manage daily, weekly, and monthly across team with prioritization and execution; assist executive team in determining proper staffing levels for the team(s) and work closely with internal recruiting and agencies as appropriate to meet those goals; onboard new technical staff ensuring proper process and technical on-boarding occurs
- Meet with stakeholders, partners, and customers on a reoccurring schedule weekly, monthly, and quarterly to review team priorities and execution, major incidents and problems, and pertinent business and project updates.
- Leverages project management and/or agile software development methodologies to significantly increase the
- Frequency and timeliness of delivering new application capabilities.
- Facilitates clear and consistent communication about schedule, tasks, resources, and budgets to ensure the optimal function of development teams in delivering new capabilities and non-development teams in delivering new business initiatives.
- Communicates with management and team members, and employs strong resolve to keep teams accountable to defined processes and agreed upon priorities.
- Demonstrates strong planning, cost analysis, and capacity analysis skills to anticipate customer and management course corrections.
- Works successfully with all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Acts as the primary interface with third-party contractors and customers.
- Leverage resources and knowledge and manage across functional boundaries to deliver value to the customer and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate, negotiate, and resolve conflict with and among teams, peers and leaders.
- Run effective meetings and provide accurate & timely communications of objectives, progress, status and issues.
- Properly manage project timeline and financials including budget, cost, invoices, budget supplements, and change orders.
- Adapt in a quickly changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Executive Management
- A minimum of ten (10) years of software development experience
- 5+ years as a leader of leaders
- 5+ years relevant project management experience in Business, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field of study with proven ability to deliver results on large-scale projects
- Experienced with Marketo and Oracle Eloqua and various other industry leading marketing offerings
- Experience writing technical documentation and providing application engineering deliverables
- Experience managing complex, multi-million dollar delivery efforts
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity.
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly driven organizational system where partnership and influence are key drivers of success.
- Has shown the ability to initiate change and act with integrity when tough decisions have to be made.
- Demonstrated experience with software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile/Scrum and Waterfall, Agile Tools such as Jira or Version One
- Experience with system analysis and design, development, and testing.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills to achieve business results.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Domain knowledge in multiple technical areas
- Ability to work on most phases of functional requirements
- Exceptional motivational skills to manage diverse project members and maintain team's focus and morale
- Proven track record in managing contractors, vendors, and clients
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- 10 years of experience leading multiple or cross functional application engineering teams responsible for supporting and deploying products or services
- Proven experience managing software development lifecycle platforms and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Senior and Executive Management
- Scrum Master certification or similar Agile and/or SDLC certifications are a plus
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools
- Experience with User Interfaces and/or SOA concepts is also desired
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.