Analytic Consultant 4
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo US
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Analytic Consultant 4
This position is part of the Financial Crimes Analytics (FCA) organization within the Wells Fargo Financial Crime Risk Management Organization. Financial Crimes Analytics (FCA) focuses on coordinating business data intelligence from a data and analytics perspective for customers, transactions, products, channels and businesses to support corporate BSA/AML, fraud, and customer due diligence solutions. FCA values diversity and inclusion, and promotes team members' professional development. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions.
The High Risk Customer Surveillance (HRCS) team as a part of the Bank Monitoring & Surveillance Group in FCA is a group of dynamic professionals whose passion is translating data and analytics tools into business solutions. The HRCS team extensively utilizes Teradata SQL, SAS, and statistics to create, maintain and improve state-of-the-art transaction monitoring programs.
The selected candidate for this position will be responsible for consulting with partners to identify and define business requirements and to translate business needs into complex analytical designs and recommendations. This successful candidate will identify and recommend internal and external data sources, compile/mine data from multiple, cross business sources; recommend and participate in the development of complex analytics designed using statistical and/or financial analysis, process documentation, comparative analysis, etc.; interpret results and recommend solutions to increase effectiveness of transactional monitoring programs.
This position will support the development of FCA High Risk Customer Surveillance programs and other financial transaction based monitoring programs. This is a senior level position that will support development of analytics dedicated to monitoring unusual patterns of activity indicative of possible Money Laundering or Terrorism Finance. This position will work with investigative partners to quickly adopt recommendations and improve processes. This is a fast-paced and ever-changing area of Wells Fargo and requires personnel interested in learning quickly in a self-starting role. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong knowledge of Teradata SQL, including query optimization, and the ability to multitask. Both are crucial for this position. This position will also work with investigative and compliance partners to quickly adopt process changes and improvements.
As the member of the team, you will:
- Consult with business and technology partners to identify and define business requirements, and translate those requirements into data and analytics requirements.
- Research and explore both internal and external data sources across business lines and data systems, and compile and document relevant data sources to support our analytical solutions developments.
- Design and implement analytics solutions using Teradata SQL and SAS.
- Recommend and develop complex analysis designs using statistical and/or financial analysis, process documentation, comparative analysis, etc.
Actively involved in addressing issues identified by Wells Fargo Audit Services, Corporate Model Risk (CMoR) and Federal regulators.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Financial crimes experience
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and terrorist financing regulations and programs
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 2+ years of SAS experience
- 4+ years of Teradata experience
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Understanding of query tuning, database and entity relationship design
- Wells Fargo enterprise data warehouses EIW,BMG and WDM
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo of customer/account relationship and transaction data
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking data
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo wire repository system (Newton)
- Experience with SAS MACROS with the ability to utilize SAS for database data extraction and large dataset analysis
CA-SF-Financial District: 1 Montgomery St - San Francisco, CA
CA-Oakland: 1901 Harrison St - Oakland, CA
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.