Data Scientist – ETF and Index Investing
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 sept. 17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
ETF & Index Investing Business Overview:
Blackrock’s ETF and Index Investing businesses were merged at the end of 2016 to create ETF & Index Investing (EII), the world’s largest and leading passive investing business with over USD 3.2 trillion in assets under management. We are developing a multi-year strategy on how we manage our data and use data analytics with the aim of generating insights to inform how we grow the business.
The mandate of the Data Scientist will be to answer business questions based on the insights generated from the data and data analytics. Getting to the insights will require activities from data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) to application of appropriate statistical and analytical techniques to the data. It will also require working with the senior management to develop a mid-to-longer term data strategy to build out the data for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and the data requirements for the application of new technologies Blockchain and machine learning. The Data Scientist will also work closely with various team across the business to encourage best practices for data creation, collection and analysis.
The Data Scientist will manage a junior Data Analyst to assist the senior management in identifying, managing and assisting in evaluating data that supports the business and operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting senior business leaders gather and assess all available forms of data intelligence that inform our strategy, product and distribution.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual excited to work in a fluid, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that will be the future growth engine for the world’s largest asset manager. The ideal candidate is also passionate about Data Science and working with senior management to develop the data analytics capabilities of the team.
Top technical skills and statistical analysis – in particular Excel/SQL/Python – are a must. Experience laying out a project schedule, understanding dependencies and coordinating resources around those tasks is also important for the role.
- Help assess current internal intelligence, identify and evaluate third party data sources for closing gaps, identify best practices of collection and evaluation, systematize capture and analysis
- Apply statistical/econometric modeling tools to develop predictive models and support strategy across all client channels and product segments
- Work with databases and other internal data platforms to extract client information and profile/predict customer behavior
- Assist partners in collecting and evaluating data that helps strategy assess competitor behavior
- Build and present sophisticated, insightful analytics and presentations
- 7-8 years of professional experience or equivalent experience in a graduate school program; a variety of backgrounds including those outside of financial services can be considered for the role
- BA or BS required; major in Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science or related fields preferred; MS or PhD in these fields is a plus
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Skilled in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Micro Strategy and etc.
A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written). Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Demonstrated experience with project leadership and interaction with various business constituencies to drive towards execution.
Fluency or desire to become quickly fluent with at least one scripting language such as Python, Java, etc. and with analysis tools such as R, Stata or Matlab
Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (e.g., Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of issues
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.