Index Production Associate
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 sept. 17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Index Production team, part of the BlackRock Data Services organization, is responsible for maintaining and publishing public indices on BlackRock’s proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. BlackRock and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) clients utilize these indices as an integral part of investment and risk management, serving as benchmarks for Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Hedge Funds, Pensions, and other products. Index Production works closely with index vendors such as MSCI, S&P, FTSE, and Markit Partners, as well as internal stakeholder teams including Client Analytics, Portfolio Management, Relationship Management and other BlackRock Data Services groups. Index Production is a diverse and global team with exposure to a vast array of markets and asset classes and service clients in all spectrums of the financial markets.
- Investigate and resolve complex and intricate issues and perform adhoc analysis of large data sets while meeting tight deadlines.
- Publish index risk information through our proprietary Aladdin investment platform and ensure high quality data is delivered in a timely manner for investment management decisions.
- Understand risk analytics of fixed income, equity and alternatives products to help our clients and portfolio managers interpret portfolio exposures, strategy, risk and returns.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries and resolve problems from clients and internal BlackRock stakeholders.
- Initiate and drive Index platform improvements to support new business needs, minimize risk, and enhance quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with preference to business disciplines such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, and technical disciplines such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving mindset.
A “Student of the Markets” mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
Natural team player able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
Basic knowledge of SQL, UNIX, or Python is a plus.
1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in financial services
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.