- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
Senior Data Engineer
Lieu de travail : San Francisco, CA, États-UnisRole/Group:
The Asst Dir-Sr Data Engineer will be designing data models, building data pipelines, managing and developing APIs, and automating existing work flows, and may support data product creation and help data operations team or data science team on their projects. This position involves a blend of qualitative/quantitative financial research, data science, and technical skills to source and maintain credit risk data and models. This position is for you, if you are a quick learner, have a passion for data to identify trends, uncover patterns, solve problems and your favorite question is 'why'.
- Building data model and pipeline for product development;
- Develop new API for our data asset, and managing existing ones;
- Work with other business line and external client to help them utilize our data APIs;
- Process/cleanse/standardize data from multiple sources for input into database warehouse;
- Build data processing and calculations to feed MA's credit risk measurement and related products/models;
- Identify ways to improve data operations processes either by automation or other means;
- Coordinate with other teams such as IT, Client Services, Product Management, Research, Engineering;
- Contribute to data catalogue;
- May contribute to exploratory data science/analytics projects;
- Manage large projects and initiatives with minimal guidance;
- Guide, mentor, or possibly supervise more junior Data Intelligence Analysts;
- Support vendor relationships management;
- Provide customer support to external and internal clients from a technical perspective when needed.
The Enterprise Risk Solutions Data Intelligence (DI) department creates value-added information, IP and content that are used by our clients to meet their business needs and to produce actionable data-driven intelligence. Our team consists of experts at acquiring and cleansing data, interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics and insights, applying insights and analytics to our customer's business needs, and developing data products. This is a fast-paced and growing team within the Moody's Analytics (MA) organization that provides excellent career opportunities.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Operations, or a related field;
- 3-5 years of work experience;
- Proficiency in SQL(SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL), and programming language such as Python or R;
- Superb analytical skills, persistence in problem solving, and a bility to learn quickly and independently;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Exposure in AWS or Google cloud;
- Exposure or interest in financial services space.
- Graduate degree in related field;
- Exposure to third-party BI Tools: Tableau, Qlik, Looker, R Shiny;
- Experience working with major financial data feeds;
- Exposure to machine learning;
- Exposure to Java, C++ or other major programming language.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.