Associate Product Manager - Fixed Income
- San Mateo, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 13 déc. 17 2017-12-13
Associate Product Manager - Fixed Income
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Associate Product Manager will support the efforts of the broader Franklin Templeton US Fixed Income product management team, which acts as a liaison between investment management, distribution and other internal and external business partners. The Associate Product Manager is expected to serve as a product expert for the team's fixed income investment strategies and will represent the investment team by acting as a specialized source of product and market knowledge. The role will provide broad orientation to global financial markets and the asset management industry, as well as opportunities to develop analytical, presentation and writing skills.
- Effectively answering client servicing questions, articulating investment team views, writing investment commentary and portfolio updates (e.g., explaining changes in portfolio holdings and key portfolio themes) for assigned strategies.
- Building and maintaining an expert level of knowledge on institutional and retail investment vehicles globally, providing regular feedback on competitive intelligence and product development opportunities.
- Individual will be responsible for maintaining several databases and running reports on client assets, portfolio characteristics and investment performance, while identifying opportunities to improve process efficiency.
- Conducting ongoing research and analysis in support of product positioning, market developments, portfolio performance, the competitive landscape and being a product specialist for internal audiences.
- Supporting portfolio managers and product managers in developing marketing presentations and communications to internal and external audiences.
- Ensuring projects are executed according to the vision and implemented within deadlines.
- Conveying product information to business partners responsible for producing and delivering content to external audiences.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Undergraduate degree or focus in economics, econometrics or finance. Several years of industry experience is a plus but not required.
- Strong desire to learn and grow, willingness to take on a broad set of assignments .
- Proactive in nature, intellectually curious and extremely detail-oriented with a commitment to working within a team .
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Keen interest in and knowledge of global markets (Fixed Income experience a plus), economics, and portfolio theory.
- Background in investment and portfolio management processes.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing data sets. Quantitative orientation required, but on-the-job training can help develop specific skills.
- Concrete understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of data sources for performance, flows and relevant competitive information is a plus (Morningstar, Lipper, FactSet, Bloomberg, eVestment).
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- CFA or interest in working towards one.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.