Investment Risk Analyst
- San Mateo, CA, États-Unis San Mateo CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 mai 18 2018-05-24
Investment Risk Analyst
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Risk management is inherent in all aspects of our investment process. As recognition of the critical role that risk management contributes to the success of the firm, the Investment Risk Management Group reports directly to the CEO and is independent from the portfolio management teams. Also recognizing that strong risk management begins with portfolio management, collaboration between portfolio managers and the specialized risk professionals in the Risk group is mandatory.
The Investment Risk Management Group is looking for an Investment Risk Analyst to work in the San Mateo, California office with the Fixed Income Risk team and the Municipal Bond team to develop risk management tools in the form of analytical reports to measure investment risk and explain performance.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Investment Risk Analyst?
- Provide consulting to muni portfolio managers on a daily basis regarding risk exposure
- Generating risk, performance attribution and strategy review packages
- Monitoring portfolio risk exposures and performance
- Provide analysis of information generated and perform data validation
- Respond to and assist with handling requests for information
- Participate in Risk group activities
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, math or other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years work experience as a risk analyst supporting fixed income
- Muni bond market experience preferred but not required
- Completion of or progress towards FRM or CFA
- Strong Excel skills
- Excel macro, VBA or other programming language skills
- SQL skills
- Bloomberg skills
- POINT analytic system or BARRA analytic system experience
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to work well in an open, collaborative environment
- Proven information gathering skills, outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects but focus on and complete priority tasks
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.