Greater China Data Science Director, Global FinTech Company
- Competitive Remuneration
- Washington, DC, États-Unis Washington DC US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Profile Search & Selection
- 18 mai 18 2018-05-18
Our client is looking for a high caliber Data Science Director to join the consultancy and analytics team of a global FinTech Company to be based in Shanghai or Beijing.
The Data Science Director is a member of the Consultancy and Analytics team of a global FinTech company. The team serves as a central function that works with internal teams on the firm’s clients such as banks, merchants and internal business strategies and decisions. This is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from various countries – serving major FIs and merchants in Greater China markets. The team works on huge amount of data, providing the basis for insightful and innovative analytics that helps clients to improve their products and market position. The team offers its members exciting opportunities to help grow the function and further establish analytics as a market-place differentiator.
The role will focus on Greater China markets, based in Beijing or Shanghai, China, reporting into Data Science – Greater China head. Being part of the country business environment gives the role a strong ability to drive the analytics requirements relevant for business, and provides country business team quick access to trends to be able to make data driven decisions.
The Data Science Director, will responsible for leading, executing and delivering customer and portfolio analysis. They will execute on business analysis projects, while establishing and/or executing best practices in the industry, and will work closely with the Greater China team for large-scale, complex analytics projects.
The role will require advanced SAS programming, data analysis and presentation preparation to execute and deliver on business requirement. The person will play a key “hands-on” role in business analysis and analytical projects and directly contribute to the success of the same.
- Develop and produce end-to-end analyses from a variety of sources based on business requirements
- Collaborate with the Greater China business teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Deliver high quality analyses that synthesize data analysis and research into key fact-based findings and actionable recommendations.
- Work hands-on to deliver on projects, extracting data from various data sources and manipulating data in Excel/SAS/HADOOP, drawing conclusions, and creating insightful outputs for Clients
- Help in developing approach and methodology to analytical questions / projects brought by the business; understand and clarify business objectives and requirements
- Actively execute on project deliverables and timelines to provide meaningful insights to business
- Resolve data and other analysis related issues as they arise in the project
- Maintain a robust control environment in terms of data protection, quality standards, and compliance with benchmarking and disclosure rules
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Work as independent contributor mostly and as a team lead if needed by providing guidance to other team members where needed
- Provide subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex data driven analytic projects
- Minimum of 10 years of analytical experience in applying data analytics solutions to business problems, with a minimum 4 years in payments/financial industry
- Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Very strong data understanding and analysis skills; should be a functional expert database and data models
- Expert level SAS, including SAS macro and SAS/SQL
- Knowledge of R and HADOOP is a plus
- Expert level PowerPoint and Excel
- Data visualization tool experience – Microstrategy, Tableau etc.
- Working knowledge of statistical principles such as linear regression, logistic regression, multivariate analysis, time series analysis and experimental design
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Understanding of Retail Banking business model would be a plus
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continuously learn
- Ability to execute and solve problems independently
- Excellent communicator, Mandarin is a must in both written and spoken.