Accounting Operations Analyst
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 13 déc. 17 2017-12-13
Portfolio Accounting Analyst BlackRock is looking for an Analyst to join the Portfolio Accounting team in the Portfolio Services Group in the Wilmington, DE office. The Portfolio Accounting team is responsible for the NAV calculation and Performance analytics for a large number of institutional
Portfolio Accounting Analyst
BlackRock is looking for an Analyst to join the Portfolio Accounting team in the Portfolio Services Group in the Wilmington, DE office. The Portfolio Accounting team is responsible for the NAV calculation and Performance analytics for a large number of institutional separate accounts. This includes working with multiple teams within and outside of Blackrock to ensure accurate reporting of performance and NAV to the clients and internal stakeholders. This is a highly analytical position which requires the candidate to be curious about implication of transactions on the accounting process. The team also performs comparison with third parties such as custodian banks and accounting agents to ensure data accuracy. Furthermore, the team works closely with the internal stakeholders such as Portfolio managers, Client account managers, Billing, Cash and Asset Reconciliation Groups on ongoing projects geared towards providing advance solutions to the clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct portfolio valuations, performance calculation and analysis; calculation of NAV using appropriate accounting systems for institutional separate accounts;
- Work closely with all departments of BlackRock to ensure accuracy of the NAV calculation and Performance;
- Support Portfolio Management Group (PMG) and Institutional Client Business group (ICB) regarding investment performance related issues;
- Maintain client relationships effectively by supporting ICB in servicing clients;
- Prepare and provide extensive reconciliation with custodian banks and accounting agents to prevent/resolve NAV/Performance discrepancies;
- Prepare and review holdings/market value reconciliations using Aladdin Reconciliation Tool (ART) to reconcile positions, prices, market value and accruals;
- Maintain BlackRock’s relationship with third parties such as custodian banks, accounting agents, consultants and auditors;
- Coordinate with other departments within Business operations, ICB, PMG, Finance, and other business areas on various issues that arise during the course of business;
- Assist in re-engineering BlackRock’s operating environment that includes developing specifications for transaction processing, streamlining existing processes, and participating in various automation projects to enhance productivity and controls;
- Participate in the training process of newly hired professionals and interns
- Prepare, review and provide ad-hoc reports to clients or custodian/accounting agents as necessary;
- Participate in testing and implementation of the straight-thru-processing research and reconciliation tools.
- Assist in conducting and implementing procedures and controls to ensure GIPS, SOX and SOR Audit requirements;
- Active participation in departmental/group projects such as automation and process streamlining.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate should possess two to three years of experience in performance measurement, fund accounting and/or operations;
- A four-year degree is required;
- A strong working knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income securities and derivative products
- Works well in a team environment;
- Daily NAV processing background preferred but not necessary
- Good knowledge of Excel, VBA experience preferred. Knowledge of SQL desirable but not necessary
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly;
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to enable clear articulation of financial analyses and issues.
- Candidates will gain exposure to working directly with our stakeholders such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop knowledge on the constantly evolving Aladdin investment technology, improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think outside the box in order to solve numerous complex issues.