Manager - Fund Admin & Reporting
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
Manager - Fund Admin & Reporting
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Work Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida or Rancho Cordova, California
The Fund Manager will manage a team of Analysts, and direct and conduct a variety of financial reporting activities for the mutual fund organization. This includes oversight and review of financial statements and other financial reporting tasks, and ensuring that these are completed in accordance with department procedures and regulatory requirements.
The incumbent will also work with external auditors and internal stakeholders (including Fund Boards) to ensure Mutual Fund financial reporting complies with local GAAP requirements, industry guidelines, and participates in product launch activities related to financial reporting.
- Manages a team of professional employees to achieve daily objectives.
- Ensures department operates within established controls and regulations.
- Lead across multiple locations/regions, cultures and time zones. Engages team, develops direct reports and influences downstream developmental efforts.
- Helps to develop and executes strategic and operational plans for the department; provides direction in development and implementation of business solutions; and actualizes/drives change adoption and acceptance for area of accountability.
- Collaborates with cross-functional leaders to achieve objectives.
- Manages assigned budget for team and/or workgroup within established guidelines.
- Proactively adjusts financial plan and business goals in response to changing business and economic environment, and ensures business goals are met within established financial targets.
- Understands and communicates business/financial climate and decisions/prioritization to team.
- Makes hiring and termination decisions for both individual contributors and supervisors
- Support awareness of diversity and inclusion across department.
- Identifies, coaches and develops talent in their team to meet and/or exceed performance expectations.
- Develops talent for own group and high potential staff for other groups in FTS to support development rotation.
- Understands current and forecasts future work volumes and staffing needs required to meet service goals and determines if team is staffed appropriately.
- Will assist the senior leaders in driving forward key initiatives for talent development.
- Manages processes and activities through downstream leaders and team members to achieve expected service, solution or product outcomes for team and/ or department of accountability.
- Accountable for ensuring all work is completed timely, accurately and according to procedures.
- Makes decisions regarding processes/systems issues, utilizing depth of knowledge/technical expertise to provide guidance and direction to teams. Escalates issues, as appropriate.
- Manages communication with appropriate stakeholders.
- Drives team to identify and implement continuous improvements.
- Prioritizes and aligns work to strategic priorities.
- Proactively identifies, evaluates and reduces operational risk, and assesses controls, utilizing metrics and exception reporting, to ensure department productivity and quality of output.
- Evaluates risk events and recommends/implements corrective actions for control deficiencies.
- Contributes suggestions to improve control environment and manage risks.
- Provides input to strategy for department, leveraging business, technology and industry domain knowledge and expertise.
- Represents department in cross-divisional projects as subject matter expert, and may lead department level projects.
- Leads change implementation and acceptance in department
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent industry experience.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 4+ years of management experience in a strategic and tactical capacity, including accountability for team and business deliverables.
- Experience in financial reporting for U.S. mutual funds.
- Experience in an audit capacity would be an asset.
- Strong leadership skills, including resource and time management, developing others, relationship building, collaboration, problem solving and decision making.
- Thorough business management knowledge to implement processes, products or services, and technical expertise to apply functional/process knowledge on diverse issues.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, and working with large amounts of data.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a project management setting.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.