Surveillance Analyst 2
- Miami Lakes, FL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 10 déc. 17 2017-12-10
Surveillance Analyst 2
Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to review and analyze account activity for possible money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud using various methods, such as (but not limited to) an automated AML monitoring system, analytic reports, notification from other banking personnel and transactional testing. This position will require preparation of Suspicious Activity Reports or other regulatory reports to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements regarding the Bank Secrecy Act. The incumbent will also have responsibilities associated with OFAC and FinCEN reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Review alerts generated from the Bank's AML monitoring system (Actimize) and analyze questionable activity detected, as well as determine if an inquiry to account officer and/or investigation is warranted.
* Conduct in-depth research into customer accounts, properly document findings and communicate with account officers requesting information to ascertain if activity is reasonable with the purpose of account.
* Thoroughly document findings by preparing reports in a manner that is clear and comprehensible to BSA supervisors/managers, internal auditors and regulatory examiners.
* Prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) when suspicious activity is detected.
* Review due diligence reports to understand customer risk on a holistic basis.
* Review information provided for Commercial, Residential and Consumer loans for possible OFAC risk, as well as wire transfers to ascertain BSA impact.
* Prepare and file reports with OFAC as required.
* Review and analyze bi-monthly FinCEN 314(a) issued lists for possible matches within the Bank's database, wire activity and monetary instrument data.
* Analyze account activity on any true OFAC/FinCEN 314(a) matches in an effort to detect unusual activity and conduct in-depth research and prepare SAR if necessary.
* Report all findings to team leader and manager.
* Review alerts generated from the Bank's AML monitoring system (Actimize) and analyze questionable activity detected with the ability to determine a proper conclusion.
* If necessary, effectively communicate with Branch personnel in order to obtain the necessary information and documentation to complete a review.
* Handle a large workload with the ability to complete the tasks correctly and efficiently within the designated timeframes.
* Conduct in-depth research into customer accounts and properly document findings.
* Conduct investigations into customer relationships with the ability to research counterparties, detect suspicious patterns/transactions and prepare an analysis/conclusion that is clear and comprehensible to BSA supervisors/managers, internal auditors and regulatory examiners.
* Prepare SAR forms and narratives following the guidelines prescribed by both the BSA Department and FinCEN. * Review and, if necessary, prepare Currency Transaction Reports.
* Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying accounts that require further investigation and taking action to obtain the information required.
* Perform any other assignments as directed by manager.
* Participate in all team meetings and adhere to workflow deadlines.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Interact and coordinate with the IT department to resolve issues regarding the AML system.
* Actively assists the AML Supervisor in special projects that are both system related or involve special investigations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* College degree preferred.
* 5-7 years of experience in banking and BSA/AML compliance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None