Senior Software Engineer
- Saint Petersburg, FL, États-Unis Saint Petersburg FL US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 juil. 18 2018-07-21
Senior Software Engineer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Investment Operations Technology team responsible for?
The Investment Operations Technology team provides technology support for the applications utilized by the Back Office business units. Support is provided through creation and implementation of new solutions, ongoing maintenance of in-house and vendor applications, project management, technology engineering/development, technology upgrades, systems analysis, and IT vendor liaison.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Sr Software Engineer?
The focus of this position will be to support the newly-implemented Investment Accounting system called SimCorp Dimension. Support activities include designing and developing customizations within the application, maintaining business rules, workflows, and ensuring accounting data flows to downstream systems.
In this role, you will work primarily with the Investment Accounting and System Support business groups to configure processes and facilitate technology delivery and support. To be successful, you will have experience guiding and coordinating the design activities with the development team, executing and testing software configurations, identifying and delivering technology solutions that create business value, isolating and documenting the technical needs of corporate business units, assessing the feasibility of technical solutions, and measuring the success of deployments. You will champion business needs by demonstrating a high level of expertise in business processes and system functionality. On projects, you'll independently drive or contribute to requirement definition and documentation, research, analysis, testing, reporting, training, and communication. You'll also have responsibility for working closely with the domain architect and the application infrastructure resources, ensuring the product is performing as expected. Finally, the individual will be expected to apply their experience in advancing the technical landscape, as it relates to the integration of the product, within the enterprise architecture.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience supporting corporate business groups within the Financial Services industry, will be a fast learner, passionate about high impact projects, and will have superb communication skills. This is a full-time position and can be located in any of our California or Florida offices. The Toronto office may also be possible for the right candidate.
- Perform product configuration and extensions programming. Analyze, design, and implement solutions including business processes, application enhancements, interfaces, and reports. Reviews and updates source code incorporating advanced business domain knowledge. Develop high and low level application design artifacts including process flows, data model and interfaces based on maintenance, operations, and performance standards. Ensure all technical deliverables are consistent with product and architectural standards & guidelines. Coordinate the design activities with the development team (both internal and vendors), to ensure that requirements are met, and technology and product standards are followed. Create automated test scripts and conducts unit and integration testing.
- Provides production support. Troubleshoots, resolves and identifies root cause for unique production issues. Coordinates release activities, ensuring that audit requirements are met. Plans and coordinates implementation activities, general system maintenance, and vendor upgrades. Monitors and assesses overall system health, capacity, and provides recommendations to management. Negotiates with vendors to resolve issues. Coordinates Disaster Recovery activities.
- Triage and prioritize business opportunities. Research and facilitate the resolution of business users' functional gaps. Identify, recommend and implement system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to system. May gather or create application related reports or metrics such as performance, availability and incident resolution.
- Distill and document business functionaland technical requirements, including detailed process documentation. Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for product, and downstream applications. Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date as changes are introduced into the environment.
Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting Investment Accounting business groups using the SimCorp Dimension system in a production environment. Experience with Dimension DFS, DEX, Batch Jobs, Comm Server, MSMQ and portfolio calculations.
- 5+ years of IT experience using the following technologies: Windows server/services, Oracle database, SQL, XML, VDI, Source Control software (e.g. Subversion)
- Considerable experience in integrating applications in a complex global environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience supporting Investment Accounting business groups in a global, multi-location 24x7 environment
- Experience using ServiceNow and/or JIRA
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Working knowledge of investment accounting for institutional and mutual fund accounts
- Experience in the Financial Services, or other similar highly regulated, industry
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. For a listing of total rewards in your region, visit our Locations page for more details.