CVP - Incident Response Coordinator
- Alpharetta, GA, États-Unis Alpharetta GA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
CVP - Incident Response Coordinator
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Incident Response Specialist is a key function of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) reporting to the CSIRT Manager. The CSIRT Specialist will utilize their background in regulatory and governance frameworks, technology, and incident response procedures to act as a subject matter expert in Cybersecurity Incident Response. The Specialist will leverage subject matter expertise to perform ad-hoc current state maturity assessments, working with team members and enterprise stakeholders in the development and maintenance of the organization's Cyber Incident Response Program, including documentation, execution and maintenance of processes, and implementation and use of technologies to create efficiencies within existing capabilities. The Specialist will be adept in incident and crisis management, able to assert authority and calm in stressful situations, leveraging established and ad-hoc process to guide response efforts in alignment with industry best practices, regulatory compliance, and legal obligation.
• Performs incident analysis to identify and classify cyber security incidents
• Responds to computer security incidents according to established response processes, leverages subject matter expertise where established processes do not exist
• Acts as a subject matter expert regarding CSIRT incident response processes
• Provides guidance to other stakeholders during the incident response process
• Provides timely and relevant updates to appropriate stakeholders and decision makers
• Validates and maintains incident response plans and processes
• Compiles and analyzes data for management reporting and metrics
• Analyzes potential impact of new threats and communicates risks via appropriate channels
• Stays up to date on current attack trends through independent research
• Provides advice and guidance to the business regarding CSIRT best practices
Functional Knowledge : Understanding of financial regulatory issues with respect to cyber security and emerging privacy laws. An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
Problem Solving : Ability to consume and synthesize intelligence about threat actors, techniques, and situations to identify emerging risk scenarios. Knowledge of end-to-end IT problem management and root cause analysis in large enterprise environments.
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact : Understanding of IT Service and Delivery Management model, and an ability to perform independent analysis of complex problems by distilling relevant findings and root causes. Must be comfortable making decisions in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environment.
Communication Requirements : Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and situations to diverse audiences both orally and in writing in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner. Able to present a command presence as a subject matter expert during crisis situations to manage conversation flow regarding cyber incidents.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.