Associate - Investment Due Diligence
Do you have a track record of successfully sourcing, performing due diligence, and underwriting, direct and indirect (funds, co-investments, club deals and JVs) real estate investments? Do you pride yourself on being detail-oriented, quantitative and thorough in your analysis? We're looking for someone that who can:
• assist senior team members in identifying best-in-class indirect real estate opportunities including private equity real estate funds, secondary units in real estate funds, co-investments, club deals and joint ventures.
• perform due diligence on investment opportunities including detailed fund and property level analysis, market research, and competitor analysis
• create, update, and review models to support due diligence efforts by stress testing assumptions at the fund and/or individual property level
• assist in preparing investment summaries, writing Investment Committee recommendations, and providing supporting materials to senior members of the team
• participate in client related activities including the preparation of marketing materials and presentations
• support the Portfolio Management team, when necessary, on client reporting, modeling, presentations, attribution, data system maintenance, and performance calculations
You will be working with the Multi-Managers Real Estate Americas' team based in Chicago which is part of the Real Estate & Private markets business unit within UBS Asset Management.
The Multi-Manager Real Estate team runs various mandates totaling over $10.0 billion in equity commitments and expects to grow significantly and rapidly over the next few years as demand for its products and services increases.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
• 2-5 years of experience in direct or fund related real estate investing
• Solid understanding of real estate markets and fundamentals
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Candidates or completion of the following program are favorable but not required: CFA
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.