Data Engineer - Life Sciences Advisory
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Deloitte Services LP - Global
- 19 janv. 18 2018-01-19
Data Engineer - Life Sciences Advisory
Are you looking for an exciting and fast-pacedcareer with a passion for turning business issues into opportunities forgrowth, resilience and long-term advantage? Deloitte Advisory's productdevelopment center TechCenter fosters and creates fusion between leadingsoftware technology solutions and Advisory's leading services practice. Ourproduct portfolio spans multiple software technologies including wearables,machine learning and advanced analytics, social/mobile, and other leading edgetechnologies.
If you thrive in an organizationwith enterprise strength coupled with a start-up mindset, Deloitte's TechCenterhas both! We are hiring talented individuals with an innovative mindset andtechnical skillset to join our growing team.
Risk and FinancialAdvisory Overview:
Our Risk and FinancialAdvisory group is comprised of more than 10,000 partners, managers andstaff. We help solve our clients' most complex financial instrument andphysical market challenges by delivering risk advisory, technical accounting,quantitative, technology and operational advisory services. Specifically,our consulting projects include risk assessment and solution implementation forbusiness strategies and policies, business processes, organization structure,risk modeling, management reporting and treasury, trading and risksystems. We help clients obtain, analyze and report information frommultiple sources and across risk classes to facilitate tactical and strategicdecision making.
Regulatory & OperationalRisk
Businesses today face complex regulations andoften volatile operating environments. Turn the tide to protect and createvalue, and evolve regulations into opportunity. Learn to lead, navigate, anddisrupt to accelerate performance through effective management of regulatoryand operational risks.
The ideal candidate is leader, a team player andis passionate about learning and applying their technical skills and experienceto solve real-world problems. Responsibilities include:
• Contributing to theArchitecture, Design and Development across the full stack of Deloitte'sproducts.
• Working with multipleteams to guide and influence the architecture and design of the variousproducts.
• Investigatingtechnologies that could benefit our development and success of our products.
• Minimum of 3 years ofdata engineering development experience
• Experiencewith Talend Data Integration or similar tool
• Experience with aserver based ETL system
• Experience with ApacheKafka or similar message queues (Rabbit, ZeroMQ)
• Experience usingapplications deployed on a public cloud (Azure, AWS, etc)
• Experience working in amicro-services architecture (Docker)
• Experience using APIs
• Experience with SQL andNoSQL Databases
• Experience with versionmanagement (Git, subversion)
• Agile developmentexperience
• Excellent problemsolving skills
• A data driven mindset
• Strong analytical skills
• DevOps mentality
- Travel up to 25% required
• E xperience with automated configuration management(Ansible, Puppet, Salt)
• 5+ years of ETLdevelopment
• Ex perience with Data warehouse architecture
• Un derstanding of Database design principles
• Ex perience with Test Driven Development
• Ex perience translating business requirementsinto development tasks
• Ex perience with a self-service reporting /business analytics tool (Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Qlik, etc)
• Ex perience with a data processing / analyticsengine (Impala, Spark)
• Ex perience with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS,Hadoop, Yarn, Zookeeper, etc)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, ourprofessional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of theircareer to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room tolearn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-onexperience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-joblearning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, ourprofessionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughouttheir career. Explore Deloitte University, The LeadershipCenter.
At Deloitte, we knowthat great people make a great organization. We value our people and offeremployees a broad range of benefits. Learn more aboutwhat working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive andsupportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Wecelebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them theflexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy,centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and arecontinuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people exceland lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more aboutLife at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by apurpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are andextends to relationships with our clients, our people and ourcommunities. We believe that business has the power to inspire andtransform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, andleadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more aboutDeloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekersexploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help youwith your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some backgroundabout the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check outrecruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSSEKC501-CIS