Data Support Specialist - O'Connor Business
Are you curious about financial analytics and its applications within the investment and risk management life-cycle? Are you passionate about solving business problems and making an impact? Can you develop and interpret complex SQL queries and reports? We're looking for someone like that to:
This role is for a Knowledge Services Data Support Specialist for the O'Connor Hedge Fund business of UBS Asset Management. The primary focus of this role is managing the content of the security master for O'Connor's operations data platform. It also includes the setup and maintenance and of all instrument, counterparty and booking structure data used by O'Connor risk systems and trading applications. The role requires direct interaction with an international user base of Front-, Middle- & Back-Office staff.
Your experience and skills
• Support of all security master content, including setup of derivative instruments.
• Supporting the flow of information between risk systems and applications used by Traders, Business Operations and Product Control, and communicating effectively with these teams and IT to accomplish the same.
• Ensuring data integrity of all vendor data feeding internal risk systems.
• Verifying effects on derivative systems from data changes and feed failures.
• Proactively identifying and resolving potential problems and risks before they arise and escalating issues in a timely manner when appropriate.
• Involvement in data projects, providing reports or business analysis to support the implementation of new system flows.
• Contributing to the maintenance of the knowledgebase of procedures to ensure high-levels of cross-training and standardization.
• Applying knowledge of Equity markets, products, and derivatives.
• Applying knowledge of Fixed Income products and derivatives.
• Prioritizing time and self-directing within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Being an excellent team player, continually reviewing processes and communicating problems and fixes with global counterparts.
• Capability to manage several projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities
• Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivative product knowledge
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• College Graduate or comparable experience
• SQL and scripting/technical skills are a plus
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.