Description Position Overview:
The Product Manager - Data Platform Engineer is a key member of the CME Data Services product development team and is responsible for helping to drive revenue, planning, and operational excellence as it relates to the Data Platforms product line. The individual will act as an internal/external thought leader and subject matter expert on CME's portfolio of external value-added data platforms, products, and services. In this role, he/she will be responsible for driving product development as the product manager for cloud-based offerings as part of the Data Services' Product Operating Model. Further, this person will work alongside the Data sales team in driving new Data Service's revenue through product demonstrations, leading of technical discussions with prospective customers, and working with product and technical teams to stay up to date with client demands and needs. This person will further assist in the management of CME Group's Data Platforms product road map and will focus on providing a unique and streamlined user experience. This role will work across CME supporting teams and external partners and requires a passion for customer success and problem solving. A strong familiarity with market data and cloud architecture in the context of financial markets is preferred. Principal Accountabilities:
- Assist sales team in sales cycle through product demonstrations, leading technical discussions., and validating new concepts related to innovative products and services.
- Lead an agile Product Oriented Delivery (POD) team as a product manager for cloud-based products and services delivered on and through the Google Cloud Platform.
- Provide technical presentations to explain how CME Data Platform's products and services work.
- Team with prospective customers to successfully implement our platforms, services and products.
- Be primary contact to translate customer feedback into meaningful product requests and insights.
- Contribute to the establishment, maintenance and ownership of a road map for each managed product/service; informed by research and validated feedback from frequent client engagement
- Help drive product adoption and expansion of CME Data Services into existing customer use cases.
- Support the oversight of business operations through existing shared service model; work across CME to assist customer in resolution of customers data related problems and requests.
- Provide market research and assist team on industry trends, competitive offerings and requested/desired client product enhancements requests.
- Help manage relationships with key customers, including the processing of legal documentation of licensing agreements, payment processing and billing, performance tracking, and rankings.
- Work with and develop relationships with other business units globally to effectively analyze key client behaviors (e.g. Product Business Lines, Sales, Legal).
- Execute ad-hoc projects to identify industry trends, customer impact of potential commercial changes and deliver this and similar research in clear and business-focused formats.
- Established track record of working in a Product Manager, Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering or Technical Account Management role.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers
- Cloud-based technical experience is required (GCP and/or AWS certifications preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree required with strong academic performance; computer science or finance concentration preferred
- 3+ years of market data or content for capital markets experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to work in a client-facing role.
- The ability to display and articulate customer requests in a succinct manner
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a key pre-requisite
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and execute responsibilities to meet or exceed team objectives
- Proven background in analyzing, designing and implementing processes and policies to improve efficiencies and achieve desired objectives with a strong bias towards continuous improvement
- Strong teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively across organizations
- Works towards cultivation of a culture that encourages open communication, cooperation and the sharing of information
- Working knowledge of Agile, Lean and/or Iterative Development Methodologies
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.