Sr Compl Advisor -Portf Compl
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
Sr Compl Advisor -Portf Compl
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The focus of this position will be daily monitoring and research of pre-trade and batch alerts generated by the Charles River Compliance System (CRD) for equities, fixed income, derivatives and cash. This monitoring requires interaction with Portfolio Managers, Investment Oversight, Legal, Product Development and Data Services, as well as senior management and personnel in Compliance. As needed, the position includes preparing new account and account maintenance reviews - which includes interpretation of client and fund investment restrictions (e.g. Investment management Agreement, Prospectus, Statement of Additional Information), knowledge of regulatory rules (e.g. 1940 Act, ERISA, UCITS), preparation of meeting materials and the building, testing and assigning of CRD rules. As needed, the position requires active participation in projects and initiatives.
- Daily monitoring of investment restrictions using CRD.
- Research validity of flagged exceptions and review alerts with manager.
- Provide timely and accurate research for escalated exceptions to the PM, Investment Services and Legal.
- Work with Investment Services, PM and Legal to ensure violations are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with Data Management to resolve data issues.
- Document alerts in CRD. Document and monitor closure of violations.
- Careful reading and interpretation of legal and internal documents.
- Prepare Portfolio Review document, ensuring all rules and interpretive questions are captured.
- Ensure restrictions are coded accurately and effectively.
- Process requests regarding changes to guidelines, including processing terminated accounts.
General Compliance Responsibilities
- Provide backup for other Portfolio Compliance personnel.Accurate and timely completion of projects and initiatives, as required.
- Present complex information in a professional and easy to understand manner through written materials or presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
- Compile and distribute required reporting, such as monthly, quarterly, or ad hoc client requests, etc.
- Interface with clients as part of the Compliance Team during due diligence meetings to explain the compliance aspects of our business with relation to the client accounts.
- Minimum of7 years of experience within the investments industry (advisory side) required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study is required.
- Compliance or audit experience within an asset management firm required.
- Familiarity with the compliance component of trading systems, such as Charles River, Bloomberg or similar order management/compliance rules based systems is required.
- Knowledge of securities data is required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications is required.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Strong prioritization, quantitative, problem-solving, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Ability to condense, refine, simplify, and communicate the purpose and significance of internal and external regulations.
- Advanced professional education is preferred.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of employees.
- Working knowledge of back office operations a plus.
- Experience with derivative securities (Swaps, Currency Forwards, Futures, Tender Option Bonds) is preferred.
- Compliance experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940 is preferred.
- UCITS experience is a plus.
- Experience working with '40 Act Funds, Institutional Clients, and Managed Accounts is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.