Tax M&A Director
- Chicago, IL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- PWC - US
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
Tax M&A Director
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
The Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) group is comprised of subject matter specialists in the areas of Corporate and Partnership Tax M&A. The group advises private equity, multinational corporations, privately held companies, and partnerships on the tax aspects of due diligence, planning, structuring, and executing transactions of all sizes.
The group assists its clients in all facets of M&A tax, including but not limited to the following:
- buy side and vendor tax due diligence;
- proposed restructuring and acquisition transactions;
- proposed corporate carve-outs and other disposition transactions;
- IPO planning;
- interpretation of complex statutory and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions;
- quantitative analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions;
- regulatory and legislative initiatives;
- troubled company restructuring and bankruptcy procedures; and
- preparation for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS.
As part of this group, you will work with C-Suite executives and senior tax professionals and will analyze proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits, advise clients on tax-efficient restructurings, interpret complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, perform financial analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions, assist clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and prepare for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate or Master's degree with Accounting or Tax, or in Taxation
Demonstrates proven thought-leader knowledge of, and/or success in roles directing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices
including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency
as it relates to a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Tax consulting and planning
e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring
e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring;
- Due diligence
complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and,
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling
e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
Demonstrates proven thought-leader abilities and success with directing financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices, preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises, emphasizing Subchapter C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, and technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and,
- Leading teams: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.