Data Analyst-Data Sleuth Asset Manager
- Boston, MA, États-Unis Boston MA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Analytic Recruiting Inc.
- 17 sept. 18 2018-09-17
An Investment Manager in Boston is looking for a Data Analyst who will work on vendor data inputs to insure quality and to identify data defects.
- Monitor data quality and identify data integrity problems
- Work with vendor provided financial data (earnings, security prices, benchmark prices, trade volume, futures prices, alternative data, credit card data, spatial mapping).
- Reconcile Large Datasets-Understand data mapping; identify missing records, missing values, incorrect values, duplicate records, badly formatted data, broken relationships across tables and systems
- Work with industry leading quantitative portfolio managers and machine learning predictive modelers on quantitative investment research
- Act as a Data Sleuth to identify unexpected results, data defects and data anomalies
- Figure out what the data is supposed to look like and what is actually going on with the data
- Use SQL to query large databases
- Use Excel to look at data in a machine-readable format
- Degree in statistics, possibly CS.-a bachelors or a master’s. Not a PhD or even ABD.
- 1+ years of experience working with investment tools like Reuters and Bloomberg
- CFA preferred
- Must have advanced SQL, and SQL Database Query skills working with large datasets
- Must have experience preparing data sets & QA’ing data
- Not client-facing, more focused on the technical
- Experience with data management applications: Markit EDM, Informatica, Business Glossary
- Must have development experience: in more than 1: Python, Java, C++, C#, SQL, Matlab, Scala, R
- Must be able to work in a collegial but time sensitive environment
- Possibly has:
- Developed automated data quality analysis tools
- Worked with a data warehouse system
- Built some prototype or mini applications (either on its or within Excel or another tool
Keywords: Data Reconciliation, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Market Data, Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Data Analyst, SQL, Parsing, Python, Java
Please refer to Job 23154 - and send MS Word attached resume to Jim Geiger, email@example.com