Financial Accounting Analyst
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- MFS Investment Management
- 16 oct. 17 2017-10-16
The planning and analysis team are finance business partners and controllers for MFS' business units. The Financial Analyst will report to the Divisional Controller/FP&A Manager for MFS' Global Information Technology business unit and assist a team of three analysts and senior analysts in the accounting and preparation of reports for MFS' IT projects, operations and strategic planning efforts.
- Performs the monthly financial close for the Global IT business unit inclusive of reconciliations, data maintenance and financial proofs. Prepares monthly financial and managerial reports. Performs accounting and financial analysis functions related to Global IT.
- Administers and maintains policies and procedures to ensure compliance with internal controls and standard operating procedures.
- Works independently and with others in Corporate Finance to improve accounting procedures and processes.
- Prepares financial analysis on request to assist in decisions regarding products, operations and other ad-hoc requests.
- Communicates, presents and interfaces with Corporate Finance, business units, and a variety of external parties relating to financial reports and analysis.
- Coordinates/prepares support for independent audits. Monitors audit progress, responds to auditors’ questions and communicates all relevant issues to management.
- Aids in the coordination of, and contributes analysis for, the quarterly consolidated balance sheet review and quarterly Sun Life reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus in Accounting preferred
- 4+ years of related controlling and/or FP&A experience required, preferably with a focus on IT projects and operations.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong commutation (verbal and written), organizational, and analytical skills required.
- Solid understanding of internal controls.
- Competency with (a) Microsoft Office, particularly in using MS Excel for financial modeling and reporting (b) enterprise planning and database software such as Hyperion, Essbase, SAP, etc. and (c) financial reporting software such as PeopleSoft