Manager - Investor & Portfolio Technology
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- The Resource Collaborative
- 25 oct. 17 2017-10-25
Our Client is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2017, they serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries.
Their innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, their long-term views and interests are aligned with those of their clients. They are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because they believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
Responsibilities of this role are multi-dimensional and include the management of clients, vision, delivery, staff and technology.
- Leverage the strength and success of the current team of analysts and developers to implement and sustain a "best in class” systems platform to support the Client Solutions Investment Team (global, multi-asset class, fund of funds). Ensure strategic, reliable, speedy and cost-effective delivery of systems capabilities. Position team to support expansion of global footprint.
- Partner with the Investment Team to provide thought leadership on the implementation of their quantitative models and investment platform.
- Hands-on development, and have an aptitude and flexibility to learn new technologies/tools.
- Team management responsibilities include the supervision and development of staff and consultants.
- Develop and implement a vision for meeting the strategic needs of the investment areas.
- Engage the leadership & senior practitioners in the investment areas to identify strategic systems' needs.
- Anticipate direction of investment products and strategies through participation in business forums. Infer and validate strategic systems requirements.
- Understand key business challenges /opportunities and be able to originate ideas on how systems can help in areas such as investment performance, investment capacity, and investor efficiency.
- Facilitate identification of needs broadly shared across business units. Highlight potential high value-add opportunities that might serve specific areas.
- Assist business governance structures in prioritizing these needs by providing cost-benefit insights.
- Scale and transform the current team to meet the challenges of globalization, investment product complexity, and asset growth.
- Strengthen bench of individuals who combine strong investment and technology expertise. Facilitate the group's ability to remain current with industry trends.
- Establish a framework for leveraging the expertise and resources of external partners (partner investment firms, professional service/product/market data vendors).
- Identify high potential individuals and focus effort on developing them through training and stretch assignments.
- Establish a framework for scalable and repeatable delivery management.
- Refine estimation, planning, development/integration, testing and deployment processes.
- Establish timely and frequent two-way communication with stakeholders.
- Improve collaboration with other areas of the department.
This role requires strong skills in the areas of investment process expertise, client management, strategy development, technology, and staff development.
- Fifteen years of experience in delivering technology solutions, at least ten of those in the Asset Management industry.
- Ability to manage a team of individuals to deliver best-in-breed technology solutions.
- Ability to think, communicate and act strategically. Ability to back up strategic thinking with reliable delivery.
- Strong leadership and change management capabilities.
- Strong understanding of capital markets, instruments, and processes.
- Good awareness of state of the art investment practices.
- Broad understanding of current technologies with the ability to review merits of proposed architectures and validity of effort estimates.
- Experience with global delivery and support.
- Keen intellect, strong communication skills, and collaborative instincts.
- Strong judgment and integrity.
- Innovative, resourceful and risk tolerant.
- Strong planning and project management skills.