Senior Investment Data Analyst
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity Investments
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Senior Investment Data Analyst
The Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI) and Global Asset Allocation (GAA) divisions within Asset Management design and manage multi-asset class investment solutions to help clients achieve their financial goals. SAI/GAA's products encompass managed accounts and mutual funds across the retail, workplace and institutional domains.
The Local Investment Data Solutions (LIDS) team under Global Data Services - Data Management Operations (GDS DMO) oversees the acquisition and distribution of a comprehensive set of SAI/GAA's investment vehicle and product specific data through working with external vendors, internal Fidelity partners, SAI/GAA's Portfolio Services, and Asset Management Technology (AMT) support teams. LIDS's main objective is to ensure the utmost data quality while supporting SAI/GAA's investment and research teams, marketing/communication functions for Personal Investments (PI), and Personal, Workplace and Institutional Services' (PWIS) efforts to provide current and prospective clients with timely and accurate portfolio information.
Reporting to Director - Local Investment Data Solutions, the Sr. Investment Data Analyst will provide project, analytic operations, and data management services for SAI/GAA that will directly impact the investment decision process. Analytic aptitude (specifically in risk analytics), quality, accuracy, and timeliness are critical to the success of this function. This entails overseeing and working with investment professionals to provide solutions for ad-hoc analysis requests, ensuring consistency and accuracy of data (inputs and outputs) across reports and tools, oversight of specific data processes, and the execution of manual reporting and other validation activities. This will require the incumbent to work closely with colleagues and partners from GDS LIDS, SAI/GAA Portfolio Services, AMT, and SAI/GAA business. The Analyst will also participate in and help lead new data initiatives of various size and complexities and adhere to the GDS Data Management Operations data governance model while participating in activities to effectively carryout the data acquisition, transformation and distribution functions.
- Proactively research, identify and resolve data quality issues resulting from either internal analyst generated data or vendor market data (financial statements, pricing, earnings)
- Assess the criticality of the issues and escalate and/or communicate to the management as appropriate for timely resolution
- Oversee production cycles of the Risk, Risk Attribution and Alpha (Stock Selection) Analytic environments
- Develop strong understanding of data entity and attribute relationships
- Run database queries for data research, analysis and validations and support changes to reports and/or processes
- Respond to business queries with high levels of data accuracy and quality and in timely manner
- Thorough understanding of the investment data, processes and the products supported
- Collaborate with SAT team to resolve data issues and relay requirements
- Engage with business customers to understand data-related issues/requirements and resolve/fulfill as per client expectations
- Actively participate in data management projects/initiatives involving multiple business partners and provide subject matter expertise
- Contribute to the GDS LIDS project/portfolio reporting metrics
Education and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or Accounting
- Minimum 5-7 years of investment industry experience, preferably in investment research or operations function of an investment management company
- Experience in data analytics, quantitative analysis, data mining, operations research, and/or data manipulation highly preferred
- Prior experience in one or more of Investment Research & Computational applications such as Bloomberg, FactSet, BARRA, Northfield, Matlab
- Experience with instrument level performance, characteristic, and reference data
- Experience in SQL
Skills and Knowledge
- Proactive, motivated and responsive team player who is able to multi-task and has excellent analytic skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of associates, management, technology and other business partners in a high volume setting with tight deadline
- Knowledge of securities, corporate actions, financial statement analysis, street estimates, pricing and performance data
- Strong detailed analytical skills with ability to clearly interpret business and data requirements and communicate meaningful results.
- Strong business judgment and recognizes business implications of decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Objective, innovative/creative, and diplomatic team player
- Able to cross-train and willing to share knowledge with peers
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.