WAI Investment Director
- Boston, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 23 sept. 17
WAI Investment Director
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The mission of Wellington Alternative Investments is to deliver world-class alternative investment strategies and client service to our fund investors. We aim to achieve that mission by focusing on three primary goals:
Delivering a Coordinated Alternatives Strategy and Message: in partnership with colleagues around the firm Positioning for Growth: raising the profile and fostering growth for our alternatives business Providing Effective Fund Sponsorship: ensuring end-to-end ownership and strong oversight of our funds
We are seeking an experienced Investment Director to represent the broad alternatives platform of the firm internally and externally with clients, prospects, and investment consultants. The WAI ID will conduct a range of fund, business and investment-related activities including investor relations, portfolio analysis, marketing strategy and positioning, competitive analysis, client communications and project management. He/she is expected to work closely with our investment teams, our global relationship group and colleagues around the firm to help support the platform's product development efforts. Our clients are located around the world and our alternative products span across equities, fixed income, multi-asset platforms, as well as private equity.
Responsibilities and activities will include:
- Partnering with our global relationship management team to engage with clients on a variety of alternative related topics, including thematic discussions across the firm's range of alternative strategies
- Acting as a credible investment representative of the hedge fund or alternative portfolio managers and portfolios with sophisticated clients, prospects, and investment consultants
- Working directly with portfolio managers to support, enhance and articulate the investment process
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of the investment strategy and portfolio performance both for competitive positioning and client consulting
- Raise profile and awareness of the firm's broad alternative investment capabilities through public-speaking engagements
- Assuming responsibility for internal issues associated with the management of the WAI fund business (e.g., operational complexity, investment capacity, investment guidelines)
- Assisting in the development of marketing strategy and business planning
- Synthesizing client and marketplace feedback to help inform the firm's new product development effort within alternatives
- Significant travel should be expected
The WAI Investment Director role is multi-faceted and requires deep, demonstrated investment knowledge, analytical skills and a passion for investing. He/she must have considerable market knowledge and compelling communication skills to conduct external and internal meetings across a range of audiences and market/product content. The ability to communicate complex investment information clearly and simply is imperative. He/she must be intellectually curious, creative, proactive, solutions oriented and, above all, passionate about the alternative investment business. The ability to influence and be collaborative, inclusive and transparent while acting as a fiduciary on a wide range of fund, business and investment integrity related issues is critical.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Substantial (15+ years) industry experience, with deep capital markets and investment knowledge, preferably in a relevant capacity such as managing money or working on the consulting side of the business
- Substantial (10+ years minimum, 15+ preferred) experience focused on alternative investments (hedge fund, private equity, real estate or related).
- Strong sense of the broader competitive landscape
- Effective marketing strategy and compelling communication skills
- Demonstrated business judgment skills and strong analytical skills
- Originality in thinking and ability to bring new ideas and creative solutions to discussions
- A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism
- Maintain a calm demeanor and think clearly in difficult situations; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- An MBA and/or CFA
WAI Investment Director
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .