Senior Credit Analyst Officer
This position assists with understanding and managing the credit risk and loan quality of the bank’s commercial real estate and Corporate Banking loan portfolios. The analyst is responsible for identifying and understanding developing trends and providing a thorough assessment of a borrowers’ capacity to withstand the risks posed by these trends through the preparation of a written, in-depth analyses of business, management and industry factors. The analyst may also provide support as needed, to the credit, risk management, lending or other areas of the bank.
Key Result Areas:
- Work closely with lending officers to prepare written credit analyses for new, renewal or modification loan proposals.
- Identify trends and analyze performance in order to develop an assessment of credit risks.
- Participate in the maintenance of the accuracy of the Bank’s commercial loan rating system and validate that loan risk ratings accurately reflect the risks inherent in the credit.
- As required, review commercial credit files for completeness and proper organization, and working with lending officers, take corrective action as necessary.
- May also support other credit risk management activities including those related to internal or external audits, loan reviews or regulatory compliance matters.
- As required, monitor credit quality through the review of financial information such as interim statements, to provide early warning of possible deterioration.
- Assist in the preparation of reports used in monitoring credit quality, as directed by the SVP/Chief Credit Officer and/or the VP/Credit Manager.
- Attend joint client calls with lending officers, when appropriate.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities for the bank’s array of products and services.
- Provide credit analysis support to other departments as needed.
- Contribute to the effective team management of all Bank problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other CSB employees and customers.
- Provide oversight and/or assist with the development of junior analyst staff, specific to one’s area of analytical expertise.
- Assist VP/Credit Manager with reporting requirements.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- While the above description covers the most significant major responsibilities of the position, other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities may arise that would be in keeping with the major purpose of this job.
- 4 year college degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in business, finance, or accounting.
- Completion of a formal credit training program or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present concise and well supported Corporate Banking and/or Commercial Real Estate loan approval recommendations for approval at various level of the organization.
- Knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel and Power Point as well as ability to learn and adapt to internal bank systems.
- Able to concisely articulate ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and in groups.
- Effective project and time management skills.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with major purpose this job.
Harvard Square – Cambridge, Massachusetts
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Cambridge, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.