TECHNICAL TRAINER, OFFICER
The technical trainer and writer role is responsible for designing and developing learning materials in a variety of media and delivery methods, including both instructor-led and e-learning to support the projects in the Project Management Office (PMO.) The technical writer/trainer role will work with project team subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify specific training needs and develop solutions to help ensure that new business processes and systems are adopted with minimal impact to daily production. This role creates and analyzes assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities.
The role may also deliver a portion of the training, and will provide train-the-trainer assistance on other training engagements.
This role may also assist with developing and deploying e-learning solutions Bank-wide in partnership with the Bank’s Learning and Development group. The technical trainer may also collaborate on the creation of additional training activities to aid in the achievement of organizational learning outcomes, as well as in sharing best practices. Finally, this role will maintain ongoing responsibility for updating training deliverables and program delivery, for the technical programs they were a party to developing.
We are seeking candidates with the ability to describe technical concepts and present them to technical and non-technical persons in a clear, professional and concise manner in both oral and written forms. The selected candidate should have the ability to rapidly assimilate and adapt materials and training methodologies to a diverse learning audience using adult learning principles.
Key Result Areas:
- Partner with PMO project teams to design training curricula and programs, considered moderately complex in nature, and to formulate a strategy for the delivery of this curriculum.
- Develop standardized formatting for project training deliverables. Where available, utilize existing templates and standards for deliverables that have been established by the Bank’s Learning and Development group.
- Deliver instructor-led training on an as-required basis.
- Design evaluation strategies to validate that learning outcomes are achieved.
- Consult with project stakeholders to develop individual training program goals, overall program objectives, and module objectives. Ensures training is focused on increasing the adoption and usage of project deliverables to perform in their job.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions.
- Perform other duties and work on other projects as required.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc. Designing is created for traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules or a blend of approaches.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience designing, developing, delivering & evaluating instructional design programs.
- 1-3 years’ experience with e-learning technology
- Bachelor's Degree in (but not limited to) Political Science, English, History, Education, Human Resources or related field of study
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design techniques & customer service concepts
- Advanced computer and internet skills including most recent versions of all MS Office products, as well as experience with online collaboration, project management & Web tools
- Strong process & project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage to priorities, organize & plan work to satisfy established timeframes
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously
- Experience interviewing developers, testers, and users to produce accurate and clear documentation
- Ability to quickly understand technical subject matter
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Excellent written and oral communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrate professional and technical writing skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including effective listening, conflict management and providing feedback
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of this job.
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Cambridge, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.