Senior Java Developer
- Marlborough, MA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 20 oct. 17 2017-10-20
Senior Java Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Wellington Funds Group (WFG) Technology Team is seeking a strong Java/J2EE senior software engineer. The WFG Technology Team is responsible for providing highly efficient/innovative solutions across our different fund sponsors (e.g. Hedge Funds, Global Funds, US Limited Partnerships and US Trusts). In addition, the team over the next several years is building a next-generation platform to support business needs.
Critical to this position are the following: hands-on experience and approach to work; ability to work in fast-paced environment; taking ownership for deliverables on the next-gen platform as well as on existing applications; a devops mindset; excellent communication skills; creative problem-solving.
As a member of the WFG Technology Team, this individual will be responsible for design, architecture, development, and maintenance of applications. The individual will participate in all development activities to successfully deploy new applications as well as enhancements to existing applications, and work with colleagues and end users to design, develop and implement solutions to meet business outcomes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing complex applications and services and writing well designed, testable, and efficient code
- Design, prototype and author code in line with functional specifications. Work with system analysts to understand the business needs / problems and provide highly scalable and efficient solutions.
- Collaborate with other developers (including offshore consultants) to deliver solutions for Wellington Fund group and oversee code quality and delivery
- Participate in setting technical direction with both onshore and offshore development team members with regards to sprint planning, release planning, and prioritization of work across all project tracks.
- End to end involvement in application lifecycle phases including devops.
- Author architecture, technical design and support documentation.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or related field plus seven (7) years of experience as a software developer supporting complex applications through the development lifecycle. Additional requirements include:
- Very strong command of Java technologies including a deep understanding of concurrent programming concepts and the java memory model
- Solid high-level understanding of current technology landscape including the current players in UI, the cloud, databases, big data, caching, and security
- Working knowledge of standard java frameworks and libraries including Spring, JAXB, Jersey, Jackson, Apache Commons, etc.
- Good understanding of AWS products including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda is required
- Any big data frameworks like Spark or elasticsearch with ELK search framework experience is a strong advantage
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning (Oracle/Mysql). Any data modeling and data quality framework experience is plus.
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
- Strong understanding of Funds is desirable
Senior Java Developer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .