AVP, Investment Risk Associate
- Charlotte, NC, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
AVP, Investment Risk Associate
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Responsible for risk exposure monitoring and reporting, real estate risk database management, and portfolio surveillance and reporting. Provide support for risk identification, analysis, assessment/rating, and mitigation. Be the keeper of real estate exposure data, risk reports, policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Help conduct portfolio surveillance, develop and maintain early warning lists
- Support the development and maintenance of risk data infrastructure
- Risk exposure monitoring, aggregation and reporting
- Provide analytical and data support such as risk rating review and validation of CRE debt
- Assist with large/complex investment review and risk modeling
- Serve as the data steward of CRE information for large clients, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Economics, Real Estate, or Math
- 2-5 years of work experience in financial reporting, risk management, accounting, or investment related fields
- Proficiency in Excel, intermediate knowledge of VBA or other programming languages/concepts
- Ability/Willingness to learn new systems
- Knowledge of Crystal Ball, SPSS/SAS, and/or other simulation/econometric programs
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
- Masters in Engineering, Science, Business, Economics, Real Estate, or Math
- 5-10 years of work experience in financial reporting, risk management, accounting, or investment related fields
- Training in economics, investments/finance, statistics/econometrics
- Programming skills and knowledge of database programs is a plus
- Knowledge of real estate markets and investments is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills (please include writing sample)
- Must be a team player as this position will interact with risk colleagues in multiple locations and in many disciplines.
- Need to be a disciplined and highly motivated individual who can work independently and deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively influence, cooperate with, and oversee other departments without authority as this individual will need to advise and oversee the first line functions such as accounting, portfolio management, investments, product development, and financial reporting
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.