Market Risk Cons 2
- Charlotte, NC, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo US
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
Market Risk Cons 2
The Enterprise Counterparty Risk Management (ECRM) Risk Methodology and Architecture team is responsible for defining and managing the counterparty risk measurement and architecture framework of Wells Fargo trading products.
Within ECRM, the Risk Methodology and Measures Oversight team is responsible for the oversight of counterparty risk measurement and methodology for existing and new business products, initiatives, and regulatory requirements. The Risk Methodology and Measures Oversight team is also responsible for supporting line-of-business queries on risk measures and daily monitoring of risk measures as well as identifying, researching, and developing solutions to achieve enhanced counterparty risk measurement and reporting.
Primary responsibilities for the position are:
- Oversee the daily measures review, sign off and reporting process for MPE and Stress Testing explain, including credit calculators
- Determine risk methodology/metric needs on new products and new LOB initiatives to accurately risk manage counterparty credit risk and partner with Risk Analytics quant team on development requirements and efforts
- Partner closely with Risk Analytics (model development) and Model Validation to enhance risk methodology/metrics on existing products for improved counterparty credit risk management
- Perform model owner responsibilities in conjunction with Well Fargo model risk management policy and procedures, including review and challenge of existing counterparty risk models
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders (Front Office, Risk Analytics, Model Validation, Compliance, Technology, Internal Audit, etc.) on counterparty risk modeling topics, requirements and prioritization efforts
- Review and approve methodology changes and measures used to support new products
- Perform data analysis for various risk projects including incoming data analysis, validation and default rules
- Perform output review and impact analysis on new, modified, or re-calibrated risk models
- Other responsibilities will vary depending on the evolving needs of ECRM, but include contributing to Counterparty Credit Policies, participating in process/methodology audits, providing ad hoc data and information to support management or regulatory initiatives, instructing training classes, and working on the credit risk management aspects of system developments and conversions
- This position is expected to develop a close working relationship with Counterparty Risk Analytics, Credit Officers, and Front Office
- Daily responsibilities fluctuate according to the desk's business flow and candidate must be flexible and able to multi-task
- 2+ years of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: futures, interest rate, and credit derivatives
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Financial Risk Management Certificate (FRM)
- Professional Risk Manager Designation (PRM)
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL or SAS
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced degree in financial engineering, mathematical finance, applied math, physics, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in counterparty and market risk management with focus on derivatives products
- Experience in risk management, risk modeling, and trading system architecture of Commodity, FX, interest Rate, Equity, Credit, and Repo products.
- Experience with clearing, CCP's, and margining
- Exposure to regulatory framework for traded products, including Dodd-Frank and Basel
- Strong understanding of quantitative risk methodologies including statistical testing
- Strong understanding of counterparty credit risk concepts (i.e. PFE, EL, credit capital) and/or market risk (i.e. valuation, Monte Carlo, Greeks, VaR) methodologies
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to develop working relationships with colleagues from across the bank including credit underwriters, quants, legal, back office, front office, and front office
- Familiarity with various mathematical, statistical, and risk packages (i.e. MATLAB, FinCAD, SAS)
- Familiarity with trading desk operations and systems (i.e. Calypso, Endur)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.