As a Financial Research Analyst - Investor Relations, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth of a leading Investor Relations surveillance services provider and make an immediate impact on the business and our corporate clients.
Are you an enthusiastic and collaborative team member? Do you enjoy learning and discussing various aspects of the financial markets in a supportive team environment? The Team:
You will be working within our Investor Relations division focused on our Surveillance and Targeting offerings. The team is located across the globe with offices in New York, Raleigh (North Carolina), Cape Town, Hong Kong, London, Toronto and Buenos Aires.
The Surveillance and Targeting division is broken down into ten sector teams that cover the North American market and two regional teams in APAC and EMEA. Each team is headed up by at least one Director that has over 10 years of financial industry experience with team members of all levels actively contributing to the team's success. In addition, our division currently offers a flexible work-from-home policy with most analysts working in a hybrid environment. Responsibilities:
We're looking for an Analyst, within the Investor Relations division to:
What We're Looking For:
- Support clients with intelligence about their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets.
- Provide clients with targeting intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
- Follow public equity markets and update clients about events affecting individual stocks, specific sectors, and the broader economy.
- Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients' stocks, and provide insight, color and context around the movements.
- Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategy and trading.
- Participate in the growth and improvement of the team's service offering to clients.
- 0-5 years of financial experience or in a related field
- "Dual-threat" skills with both strong quantitative and qualitative talent
- Analytical reasoning ability as well as effective speaking and written communication skills (proficient in the English language)
- Collaborative skill set that allows you to work within a dynamic and inclusive team
- An ability to analyze data and absorb new information in an enthusiastic, fast-paced environment
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with S&P Cap IQ Pro a plus
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of capital markets
- Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable in client-facing situations
- Resourceful and not afraid to ask questions
- Undergraduate degree in a financial or quantitative-related discipline, focus on data analytics a plus
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 08 The Location:
Raleigh, NC Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $41.1k - $78K. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
286748 Posted On:
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States