Advisor, Asset Management Compliance--Fixed Income
- Merrimack, NH, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fidelity Investments
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
Advisor, Asset Management Compliance--Fixed Income
The Asset Management Compliance is a central group whose vision is to build a world class and industry leading global asset management compliance program, while managing regulatory risk for our external and internal clients and delivering value to our business partners. Key functions of the team include: Global Compliance, Sub Adviser Oversight, CCO Oversight, Business Management, Compliance Program Governance, Ethics and Regulatory Operations.
The Fixed Income Advisor will be responsible for providing support to the Fixed Income Asset class. This will include the pro-active monitoring of trading activities as it relates to portfolio guidelines (client driven, prospectus driven and/or regulatory driven), internal limits and compliance policies and procedures. In this role the Senior Advisor will take a proactive approach to monitoring investment compliance ensuring that timely communication and escalation practices are followed and accurate guidance regarding the appropriateness of certain investments for portfolios is given.
- Actively participate in the framing of future operational model, demonstrate active leadership and subjective matter expertise in the area of portfolio compliance; the impacts to new business, products and technology;
- Monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures, operational practices and investment compliance guidelines, ensuring proper control activities and framework are in place, staff is trained on relevant policies and procedures, and procedures are being followed;
- Active participation in department initiatives, including but not limited to the implementation of new compliance technology, new product/client launches, trade oversight activities and the support of the global investment compliance knowledge sharing;
- Conduct daily oversight activities to ensure timely review and escalation of issues and the consistency of application of control framework;
- Identify research and escalate potential compliance violations. Work with investment compliance colleagues and management to resolve issues in a timely fashion and effectively communicate with trading, portfolio management, senior management and others where appropriate.
- Proactive maintenance of the integrity of the Compliance rules-based system for assigned funds/accounts, and ensure updates are accurate and changes are timely. Analyze rule results to determine reasonability, accuracy, and completeness levels.
- Identify potential issues impacting the portfolios or gaps in support model, department policies and procedures and escalates as appropriate.
- Asset Management Compliance - contact with other Compliance business units is critical and occurs daily. Regular interaction re: questions/issues and clear communication are keys to success of overall compliance program.
- Investment Professionals - day-to-day interaction with trading room personnel and portfolio managers is required to ensure that investment limits are understood and issues are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Distribution Channels - participate in discussion with distribution channels re: new accounts or issues that arise on existing accounts. Provide input regarding or work directly with channel representatives on issue resolution.
- Investment Operations - participate in Global Data Services initiatives; analyze existing data gaps in anticipation of enhanced data support model.
- Legal - Interact with Legal groups to address items that arise such as interpretations of rules, guidance on charters, etc.
Investment Professional Education
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual reviews for investment professionals and auditors and communicate positions relative to applicable compliance limitations for each fund/account.
- Participate in training meetings with new investment professionals on the limits assigned to their funds/accounts.
- Communicate changes to existing investment guidelines to existing investment professionals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics or relevant job experience preferred
- 4-6 years' experience in financial services, preferably in the area of investment compliance and operations
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of investment compliance topic as well as control activities and framework;
- Sound judgment, attention to detail and decision making skills;
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task and manage high volumes
- Demonstrated strong analytic skills, resourcefulness, problem-solving
- Comfortable communicating with senior leadership on a regular basis
- Clear understanding of Fixed Income markets and investment types
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A proven team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.