Product Development Lead for GSP Regulatory and Booking Controls - VP
The Global Spread Products (GSP) business engages in Sales, Trading, Structuring and Financing across the Credit, Securitized, and Municipal markets. This business is a market leading franchise, and is committed to maintain its leadership position by investing in next generation technology platforms that deliver competitive advantage to the business. The business operates globally with major operations across North America, Europe and Asia, including Emerging Markets. This role is in the Technology group that supports this business globally. Role Summary:
This is a hands-on engineering role with the primary responsibility of assisting manager in architectural and technical build out of the cross-markets
strategic rules engine (SRE) for pre- and post-trade controls. The role also requires the successful candidate to partner with GSP and Markets business, technology and control functions to ensure GSP are fully compliant with all regulatory mandates including regulatory reform acts, Consent Orders (CO) and Matters Requiring Attention (MRA). Responsibilities:
- Assist architect and manager of strategic rules engine (SRE) to build and perfect a cloud-first, API first, streaming and micro-service based preventative booking control solution for the Markets using main street technology, including but not limited to Java, .Net, Container, Flink, Kafka, Oracle, MongoDB and Redis.
- Work with transformation, risk and control, compliance, risk management, product control and other control functions across Markets to scope, define and articulate regulatory mandates relevant to GSP business, including but not limited to Dodd Frank , MiFID , Volcker , DMA , SEC SBS and Brexit.
- Work with transformation, risk and control, and individual asset class technology mangers across Markets to design & implement preventative booking controls including but not limited to size, legal entity, bank entity, transparency, trading obligation and best execution controls .
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in Apps Development or systems analysis role
- Extensive experience system analysis and in programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Superb analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Basic knowledge of fixed income products such as loans, bonds, derivatives and structured products
- Experience working on booking or regulatory control projects preferred
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting