Senior Associate, Financial Modeler/Analyst
- Jersey City, NJ, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Senior Associate, Financial Modeler/Analyst
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Candidate will be a key member of the finance team responsible for modeling, tracking and reporting for large Technology organization. You can expect interactions with various members of the finance community at large within the company as well as key senior leaders of the Technology organization. Position requires adept technical skills combined with a good communication skill set in order to make sure all requests are understood, processed and delivered within the allotted time frame and according to requirements. Working as part of the Finance IT team, collaboration on team objectives and agility to support multiple requests is a key requirement. Some project meeting coverage will be required as well.
General Profile :
- Expert in construction and maintenance of complex financial models
- Able to produce timely required monthly financial reporting from complex financial models, and various internal tracking processes
- Solves unique and complex modeling problems; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop timely and customized solutions
- Works independently with minimal direction needed to achieve results
- Will play key role in large scale transformation project both within department and enterprise wide
- Functional Knowledge : Anticipates project issues; identifies requirements for product, process or service improvements
- Problem Solving : Solves unique and complex problems; requires conceptual and innovative thinking and education and/or equivalent experience to develop solutions
- Responsible for the delivery of end results focused on operational excellence
- Communication Requirements : Strong Communication skills. Can communicate complex ideas; persuades and negotiates with others, often at senior management levels
- 7+ years experience working in related field of Finance reporting, in support of Technology group
- Background in developing financial processes, budgeting, headcount reporting and forecasting
- In depth understanding of project and financial reporting, impact of from capitalization and depreciation
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including other multi-dimensional/cube reporting tools
- Knowledge of IT resource and financial management tools, e.g., Clarity PPM
- Experience with complex Excel models (heavy reporting, building what if scenarios)
- Financial reporting/analysis, process orientation,
- B.S. Degree or Equivalent in Finance or Accounting
Nice to Have :
- BPC / Business Intelligence tools
- Accounting background
- Presentation skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.